[Suggestion] Continent locking at extremely low pop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Doc Jim, Jan 8, 2015.

1. Doc Jim

Currently, the minimum of accessible continents is two. No matter how small the population is. I don't know about you, but I don't see any point in keeping two continents open when that will just lead to ghost capping.
    I therefore suggest that extremely low populations will allow the locking of all continents bar one.
  2. ronjahn

Nope. A bit of choice is always nice.

I logged in the other day and was plopped in the VR room and two continents were open.

When I realized there was a queue on both open continents, I logged out. I don't log in this game to be forced into the VR room or a queue.

This will happen more if your suggestion were to pass.
    • Up x 2
  3. Elrobochanco

I wish that as populations fell lattice lanes got turned off/uncappable and if very low, continents would as well. Of course during this time they wouldn't be continent capturable and they would unlock as populations increased to avoid the situation ronjahn mentioned above.

It's really annoying to log in at 3am just to see if you can find any action at all, and all there is are 1-12 fights (usually with 4-5 people at most) and a ton of ghost caps/minor stat padders. There is the population to sustain at least a few reasonable back and forth fights, but with the map wide open it's like being back in the hex system, just endless fights of either overwhelming force or pure avoidance.