Content...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ComradeHavoc, Apr 9, 2015.

1. ComradeHavoc

Any news on actual content? I'm talking about new ES max abilities, MBT abilities, the ES buggies, Valkyrie abilities/upgrades (stealth, rumble seat turrets), BFRs (quiet, most of you haven't even touched PS1.)

I'm not talking about textures, re-skins, camo, or cosmetics in general. (The Max model revamp is good, although the NC one is a bit.... lackluster, especially the NS Black Hand Pistol but I guess that's just a matter of taste)

What ever happened to the Scout drone? LA duel wielding? Engineer deployable cover? Companies (4 platoons), Max flame throwers, the ability to warp vehicles to other continents, the ability to change vehicle loadout?

The roadmap has been garrotted, to show the community what will actually be worked on in a viable time. It also makes me a bit sad, because although the it was true the roadmap was filled to the brim with what was essentially dreams it still made me have hope for the future of the game.

I think I can safely assume that a majority of veteran players (including myself) only play PS2 during events or game updates. I'm interested to see the Prestige system, as well as Black Ops.

I have mixed feelings about the abomination of the PS4, on one side it brings in revenue and players, but on the other they have to limit PS2 to run on the PS4, a recent example is the abomination of flight control changes.

On a side note the community is filled to the brim with gifted individuals willing to generate loads of models and such.

On another side-r note... Koltyr nice idea to smooth new plays into the game.... except what stops smurfs (experienced players who create a new account for the purpose of giving new players a bad time and give themselves an ego boost.)
  2. Illucidator

Ooo engineer deployable cover sounds awesome!!!! Like shield that you can deploy and can see through but cant shoot through and it could be reapaired? THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!!!
    • Up x 1
  3. gartho33

welp... I guess I'll play that one guy who comes in and restates news that is now old and commonly known....

DGC is not actively developing new "content" by your definition at this current time, nor will they be for the duration of at least the year 2015 as they have stated and are currently "optimizing" the game. A.K.A. they are working on making the game run smoother, fixing logic problems and optimizing code for the time being, placing "content" on the back-burner.
  4. MorganM

That's not to say there will be NO content.

We just got a new pistol and a newb continent is on the way. They are talking about also adding new ES weapons for Harasser and MBT. There was an official thread and some discussion with a dev on reddit.
  5. NinjaTurtle

Anything to do with new MAX content can ****. We don't need any more reason for people to pull skill suits
  6. OldMaster80

That's ********: they are just working on the ps4 version so they will milk console users with tons of camos and helmets while they're farming kills for the next directive.

And this will probably kill planetside 2. This game won't survive another year without a powerful injection of new content. What we need is what once used to be in the old roadmap: resources revamp, players missions, new bases benefits, battle islands.
    And in the meantime devs must have a look at well-known issues like the poor Valkyrie and the infamous redeployside.

Holy **** there is a new thread about redeployside and Valkyrie buffs every single day and what did you they put in the whishlist? Prestige camos.

/facepalm
  7. Rhumald

It's just a wishlist, not what they're working on right now.
  8. Pikachu

Big meaningful content is on hold for 2015... and probably dependent on the success of PS4.
    • Up x 1
  9. DashRendar

Gives Content: asks for Bugfixes
    Gives Bugfixes: asks for Content
  10. CursoryRaptor

Hmm...

Nobody wants meta.
    Meta will definitely NOT appeal to a wider audience, and will NOT result in greater profits for the company.
  11. Dowlphin

Probably stating the obvious, but the AI turret is a light version of that.

As the new patch shows, that's apparently not the case. They add new broken content (at least cosmetics) instead of fixing the existing stuff. I haven't seen any of the bugs that keep bothering me a lot fixed, while new ones were added that I encountered immediately.

In a game that is so much player-driven in the events unfolding, I can totally live with no new content if they actually fixed all the stuff that is annoying or even game-breaking. When stuff works the way it's supposed to, there will be more enthusiasm and creative energy and love for the game. At least that's my attitude.
  12. Illucidator

No the AI turret is a turret with a shield added to it. I am talking a bout a deployable shield like in firefall.

http://ww4.sinaimg.cn/mw690/ab7f7f9agw1dvdl3fc6vtj.jpg
    • Up x 1
  13. Dowlphin