[Suggestion] Construction once over needed

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PurpelthingOfConnery, Aug 13, 2023.

1. PurpelthingOfConnery

I would like to start by saying that I do enjoy construction and think the update was a good idea, but there's still so much that needs to be looked at again before moving on to the next major update, I will list three problems here that could be changed to help fix these problems.

First: resistances. When the update first came out someone posted on Reddit that a single ANT destroyed their Command Center in seconds. Now an ANT has a somewhat large profile and makes a lot of noise, and if the builder had a Recon Array they would have easily been able to tell there was someone in their base and where they were. I mentioned this in the comments section and they said they were too busy shooting back at the armor column outside the base, which they didn't mention in the original post, so what was done about it? The Howler Mining Laser received a nerf. I'm not saying the nerf wasn't needed, but it can still destroy most objects in the "Core" tab relatively quickly, and a single Lightning shooting from the minimum damage range can out-damage the repair module very easily and still quickly destroy the Command Center but it takes longer to destroy the Silo, but if you use Cortium Bombs it takes exactly two Cortium Bombs to destroy the Silo, but a little under three to destroy the Command Center. Basically I believe the amount of damage a Command Center can take should be increased among most damage types, and other construction objects should be looked at again for the same reasons.

Second: Firewall Modules. It only makes sense that a firewall would prevent hacking, which the Firewall Module does, right? Wrong, it only prevents Infiltrators from hacking other modules. The change I feel is necessary is easy here, just add terminals to the list. Like I said earlier it only takes two Cortium Bombs to destroy a Silo, and the Silo also has two module slots. All an Infiltrator needs to do is get a Sunderer, usually from hacking the Light Vehicle Terminal, and place two Cortium Bombs on the Silo. If they can then defend the Silo for 60 seconds they win. Making the Firewall Module prevent terminals from being hacked would slow this down enough that the defender can respond before the Cortium Bombs are about to go off.

Third: repair points. This one has been a problem for a long time, as long as construction has been in the game as far as I can tell. Basically it's too hard to find the "repair points" on certain buildings. Since I'm not sure what the official name is and the use of the term I'm using might confuse people I'll explain them as the spots you need to aim towards in order to either repair or deconstruct objects. A great example of good placement is on the walls, where you need to walk up to and aim at the terminal on the wall, a great example of a bad one is the Vehicle Gate, where you need to stand in the middle of the gate and then look towards the general direction of the terminal and maybe you're doing it right. Basically the Vehicle Gate is too hard to repair or deconstruct, especially when you're in combat where it makes you a huge target. Another building that should have this point changed in my opinion is the Command Center, currently it's in one of the doorways on the bottom floor, I feel like it's just an awkward placement and would suggest maybe somewhere on the second floor, maybe near the module slots? f

And while we're talking about where to stand and look, there's a huge problem with terminals, especially for the Light Vehicle Terminal and the Light Air Terminal, but also for the ones in the Command Center. For the ones not in the Command Center the game struggles to know what you're looking at and sometimes thinks you're looking at a module slot, this gets to the point that sometimes you need to stand in the middle of the vehicle pad to spawn anything, which then runs you over and you can't drive it because it killed you. And for the ones in the Command Center it sometimes takes a few seconds of standing there looking at the terminal before the game lets you use it, likely due to the same problem as the other terminals.

Like I said, construction is a great way to pass the time, and I'll still enjoy it even if these things don't change, but it's these little things that do need to be changed in order to keep many people invested in the playstyle.
  2. RiP0k

It is also necessary to return the damage from Skywall that was before his nerf. You also need to change the anti-personnel turret. She just shoots past. Also, the anti-aircraft turret should receive anti-aircraft damage with a detonation radius. And you need to allow the installation of Skywall and a heavy repair module in Silo.
  3. ganthercage

These some great ideas and I don't know why they are taking so long to make the game better