Construction is unrewarding and seperated

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LtBomber1, Aug 28, 2017.

1. ParakeetLord88

1) Decrease the No-construction-zones. More room to build.

I second this. They were designed for sunderer deploys, not ANT related building. Really, we need a second no-deploy zone type that applies to ANTs and not sundies - call it "no build" zones, and it should also apply to ANT deploying. These would be smaller than the no-deploy zones are.

However, we need a 100m no-build zone around the inside of each map to stop people from using the map edge as a back wall.

2) Spawn tube and vehicle spawner should not cost cortium per spawn. This could open their use as forward base.

They should cost cortium, but the amount may need to be rebalanced.

3) IPC should 1 Hit kill shields, reduced rate of fire. ATM you chase the dart or ignore it...

No, but again this may need to be rebalanced.

4) OS ready to fire after 5 min from building at max range, and has a reload time of 5 min. The offset will be that the blast area is tiny, maybe 1m. The blast area is scaling with time, so after 40 minutes it has back its full potential.

I'm not sure what to do with this. OS are very powerful. The overall charge time may need reducing however.

5) OS is not able to be fired into skyshields, nor damage shields at all (generator bubble).

I don't know if this is in the game yet but the devs said it was going to be if not.

6) OS is able to target inside conventional bases.

This would be a total clusterf**k. The area protected should only be the actual base CORE however - this is related to item #1 above where the smaller no build-zones would make more sense than the current no-deploy zones, so you could say an OS can't fire into the smaller no-build zones but can fire into no-deploy zones. Any small buildings on the periphery of a typical base aren't going to realistically yield protection so anyone inside would get fried.

7) Skyshield is a usual 1 way shield, unpenetrateable for any vehicles and infantry. No burn damage anymore.

I suggested this very thing in my own recent post. There is no point or need to burning infantry and it is causing a lot of unintended problems (like touching it from the sides or bottom). Either simply block infantry or repel them back harmlessly on contact (like a skydrop effect does no damage). Friendly infantry could, I guess, still be unaffected by it and pass through it, but I don't really think that is needed.
  2. Liewec123

i dont think it'd work in a biolab since you can only build on land terrain (with the exception of ikanam),
    also walls at entrances wont be able to stop infantry, a zerg will still flood your base,
    but you'll give them a much tougher fight than the current nonsense,
    current bases vastly favour attackers, sunderer deploy positions are deliberately placed much closer to the capture point than the spawn room is (which is deliberately placed a mile away)
  3. RockPlanetSide2

@ the title of this post: Good.
  4. Corezer

I wouldn't force construction down throats by making them a requirement to "complete the lattice" that could ruin late night where pops are limited and you just might not have enough builders available.

silo/deployed ant build area should be a bit bigger.

What could be cool, is making alternate lattice connections possible with building, so you can fight as normal but if u wanna break off of your current lattice and go around a choke or whatever, then you have the option to build in a new direction.

Additionally, I would take out or significantly scale back NBZs in enemy bases. pre-capping the next base by sealing the spawn with walls is a little much, but attackers should be able to fortify their position, which will do a lot to alleviate complaints of C4 fairies and engy sappers.

Lastly, they need a way to get these ants more mobile, even with coordination required, like a lodestar or something...
  5. Catashe

Why need a bigger build area when there are SOOOOO many no build areas cause of the bases... =\ unless you do the cheesy build at the edge of the maps
  6. LtBomber1

Thanks to everyone who helped arguing and finding better solutions on the topic.

I will summarize the main points:

1) Decrease the No-construction-zones. More room to build.
    Yes, maybe no construction areas at map border.

2) Spawn tube and vehicle spawner should not cost cortium per spawn. This could open their use as forward base.
    No. Cortium is fine.

3) IPC should 1 Hit kill shields, reduced rate of fire. ATM you chase the dart or ignore it...
    IPC should be rebalanced.

4) OS ready to fire after 5 min from building at max range, and has a reload time of 5 min. The offset will be that the blast area is tiny, maybe 1m. The blast area is scaling with time, so after 40 minutes it has back its full potential.
    OS charge time is far too long, alternative blast sites than PMB are often blocked by no construction zone. Alternative idea presented could be an alternative (faster reload, time dependend area of effect).

5) OS is not able to be fired into skyshields, nor damage shields at all (generator bubble).
    Can be introduced with OS changes.

6) OS is able to target inside conventional bases.
    Some yes, some no. Arguments stand that this would be the ultimative attack or defense weapon and WILL force players to deal with construction. The occasional strike (now every 20min) is feared to be a fight killer and cluster fuxs.

7) Skyshield is a usual 1 way shield, unpenetrateable for any vehicles and infantry. No burn damage anymore.
    Agreed, no more burndamage, shield should not let anything pass from top. Allow fire from below.

Additional further ideas for PMB are raised, like creating lattice links.

Here i want to point out the idea of flipping a terretory (possible without the need of lattice conditions) by setting up a core. If the core charges up to 100% the base flips. Time may be variable, suggested 20 min. This could be used as an alternative way of taking easy to defend bases.
    If the core reaches 100%, it will self destruct after flipping the terretory. By this, bases are needed to be build at frontlines or closer to them, making them more a game elemet than they are by now.
  7. MichaelMoen

My only problem is the Skyshield idea. There are quite a few locations on several, if not all continents where a single Skyshield can block off an entire base underneath from enemy players getting inside, such as canyons, crevices, and craters. Larger patches of land would just need another one or two shields and maybe some well placed constantly repaired walls. So while friendlies can just go right through the shield and enter the base, enemies can't get either themselves, vehicles, or weapons fire through and thus, the base is impenetrable. The only option is for a large force to blockade the base and starve the silo until the shield drops.
  8. LtBomber1

Oh, the idea is to make the shield unpassable for all fraction. Just bullets (Infantry guns) shall pass one way. If you block off the base, no more cortium for that base and no walking out. This makes a base highly defenseless against OS and IPC.
  9. LordKrelas

If you block off all but one entry, which can be done on Indar, which leaves a single entry aimed at the map edge, allowing a full seal while being able to be used by allies which can then fire upon everything that tries.

An OSC requires a long set-up.
    The Skyshield defeats the OSC - which by itself, is also using a dart in addition to the long-warm up, unless the OSC is close by.
    The Glaive, is at least much more simple to set-up.

Mind you, aircraft on the defences' side, allows the nuking of any such artillery set-up if it lacks a Skyshield of equal seal.
    (You can fire under it)
    But the major thing is... the ease of any such PMB having the OSC first, in addition to their own Glaives allowing them to destroy & disable any Skyshielded-base created to attack theirs.

Unless you go & manage to fuel multiples of each, for a single base.
    And defend multiples for the charge-up of the OSC, which needs the Glaive unless your own allied air-force just needed the shield down to destroy the base.

Getting a Cloak-able highly durable Construction vehicle into a base, is pretty easy.
    Let alone if it's a one-way trip, as then you don't have to care about leaving said base.

So the Skyshield of perfect sealing, is quite an issue.
  10. LtBomber1

For excatly this purpose i suggested the IPC to one- shot shields. Make the use of the Glaive cost cortium. 5k for one shot. The possibility to alpha strike a base is clearly in favor of attackers. With this mechanic, one can also think about OS beeing cortium feeded, costs equivalent to range (maybe 800m = 40k, linear scaling).
  11. LordKrelas

Ah so clearly, since the Enemy can't intercept the dart, nor have their own IPC - both of which are powered by cort.
    OSI is already cort fed, with it literally taking cort during the entire expanding of the firing rnage.

As I can't tell if you are talking about making the IPC akin to the OSI, or that you aren't aware of the OSI cort requirements.
    Of which, the Starting base IE the target, has the advantage having already being in possession of the needed cort, allowing max-range firing well before.