Constantly stuck on Oshur

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by OneShadowWarrior, Mar 20, 2024.

1. OneShadowWarrior

I don't mind playing on Oshur for an hour. It's bad enough Connery server is toast. Now I get to see the same dwindling population on Emerald.

But spending 7-9 hours on the same continent when it's my time to relax and enjoy the game. It's a little to much.
    • Up x 1
  2. Mithril Community Manager

3. Wh1tebe4rd

@Mithril
    In your report you only write that the rotation will be changed. However, this does not include the triggering of an alert.
    On Miller we had Oshur for hours without an alert being triggered because the points for it weren't reached ... that's really frustrating.
    There used to be a system that automatically triggered an alert after X hours, why has this been switched off?
    • Up x 2
  4. OneShadowWarrior

5. Mithril Community Manager

Is this still continuing? I recall a few weeks ago it being another map that didn't rotate even after we forced an alert. I'll confer with the team about this. Thanks!
  6. OneShadowWarrior

On Emerald, Oshur opened at 11:00 am. I logged off because I know it won’t rotate till 6 pm.

Players are getting stuck on this map 6-9 hours, before an alert hits.
    • Up x 1
  7. BlopTheBlam

yes, i can confirm i've also ran into this issue multiple times this week
    • Up x 1
  8. Wh1tebe4rd

The last time I played on Miller, the server was not stuck on a continent.

What I meant:
    It's about the system how alerts are triggered. At the moment an alert is only triggered when the 100 points are reached. A few years ago there was the time trigger, where an alert was triggered if the continent was open for 3 hours, for example.
    The problem at the moment is that it can take 8-9 hours for some continents to reach 100 points. This is very frustrating ...
  9. Mithril Community Manager

Noted, thanks for your input. I understand your point better now.
    • Up x 1
  10. OneShadowWarrior

11:00 am Oshur opens on Emerald it is now 5:00 pm PST and they are still on Oshur.