[Suggestion] Consider making membership/bundles more desireable

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ragnarock, May 12, 2018.

1. Luicanus

I do see where you are coming from, I used to work a job where I'd spend 10-12 hours at work on both Saturdays and Sundays (and often Fridays too) a double xp weekend would have been almost meaningless to me if I'd played back then.

But at the same time, I understand that the point of those high xp periods is to pump up the populations into lively fights. Something that can't be done by a non-time sensitive boost.

An alternative might be to have the Double XP weekend be an activatable feature that becomes available on the Friday of the weekend in question but the member has to activate it (similar to a boost) so if they are off Mon-Tue they can save the double xp bonus until Sunday evening to get the most out of it.

This has the benefit of including those who work weekends while the nature of it is that most people would still activate their boost as soon as they logged on on Friday or Saturday so you'd still get that frenzied population spike.

I suspect this has less to do with BR than Certs since x2 xp is the same as x2 Cert gain. As it is since both BR and Certs are tied largely to xp BR is a reasonable measure of how upgraded a character might be.

I would not expect a BR15 to have a fully kitted out MBT but I'd be surprised if a BR120 didn't have at least the basics upgraded.
  2. AtckAtck

Why only towards new players? Why not do something for your veterans?
    Take me for example, i never paid anything for your game.
    But your whole pricing model is about baiting teens into impulse buying stuff.
    Sorry, but this won't work for me.

Your whole pricing is ridicoulously high, be it for single item or for bundles or for membership.
    I am not paying a single cent for somthing i think is not worth it or even worse i think i pay for stuff that i don't even use at all. (Membership?)

You should really rethink your strategy, with the asp thing you pulled off you did exactly the opposite from what you actually wanted: Me buying a membership. But you did it in such an awful way, that you simply pi*sed me off big time and i rather spent the 10k certs before "giving in" to your business practices.

Really you guys make mistakes a frist year marketing student wouldn't.

Again i would like to remind you that not all of your customers are headless chickens (not a teen)...

WHY? Why?! Why? Why? Why?

I that enough question asked?

This business model is single minded and stupid and not interesting for 90% of any of your games playerbase.
    You would be far better of if you tailor sales and membership pricing / advantages towards a single game.
    • Up x 1