Conquest mode

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkikko92, Dec 30, 2017.

1. elkikko92

I know I asked a lot of times, but I've never had a real answer: why conquest mode (lattice only on big bases) implemented on test server doesnt works?
    I think it creates better battles and strategy
  2. adamts01

Please explain this mode for those of us who don't haven't graced the test server.
  3. Demigan

The feature encouraged too much ghost capping and whack-a-mole with infiltrators to be fun.

Conquest mode had a lattice system to large facilities, and once the connection was made surrounding bases could be captured. Thats the short of it.
  4. elkikko92

Ghost capture Can be fixed: controllata points are active only if there are some players around it
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

Not necessarily. Ghost capping also refers to the fact that a faction can cap a base without resistance.
    • Up x 1
  6. elkikko92

This happen becouse all territoties are the same: no different benefits. No resource system! That is the problem, in my opinion
  7. FateJH

I feel we should, going forward, finally come up with the different names for the multiple scenarios that this one phrase tries to encompass. Even though they are interrelated situations, they aren't equal and they aggravate for different reasons.
    1. Capturing a base, but no defenders show up
    2. Beginning the process of capturing a base and then leaving that base of one's own volition
    3. Resecuring a base where the opponents have left the base of their own volition
    • Up x 1
  8. freeAmerish

Look when this was uploaded. So, I wouldn´t pay to much attention to this.
    It´s probably in the same category as Searhus. Battle islands. Flamethrowers... and all the other stuff we will never see.
  9. Demigan

Ok I was wrong, this is the old Hex system on steroids as you get options to cap a base in enemy territory and have even more ghostcap opportunities.

Small wonder it bombed hard.

Also look at how the connections are made. The southwestern warpgate has an entire line of lattice-connections blocking access to it for the southeast warpgate, preventing the southeast warpgate to hex-cap it's way into their territory. In reverse the southeastern warpgate can freely hex-cap it's way into the other side's territory.

This is worse than the old hex system where ghostcapping was rampant. In this system ghost capping is rampant and some factions receive limited protection against ghost-capping while the others don't.
  10. LegendarySalmonSnake

To me atleast they have been
    1. Ghost capping if relatively small pop, zerging if clearly... well zerging
    2. Ghost capping
    3. Back capping