Connery server: Elevated latency for the past 3 months

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Talthos, Aug 16, 2023.

1. Talthos

Ran a traceroute, and my connection (from west coast British Columbia, Canada) gets routed east all the way to Chicago (instead of being pathed south through Seattle immediately), before finally being pathed south towards Connery's actual location.

Local Time: 10:57 PM (Pacific Standard)
    Ping Range: 102-109ms
    Network Ping: 105ms
    Server Latency: 127ms
    Connection Quality: Good
    Gameplay Details: Standing in Sanctuary after logging in.

ISP is Shaw Communications (recently merged into Rogers Communications this year). Prior to this issue, network ping was around 50-70ms, with server latency around 60-75ms.

Hoping this can be addressed soon. Having to pay for a VPN service to bypass this issue is not fun.
    • Up x 3
  2. Talthos

For reference, this is the traceroute result I currently get for Connery:

[IMG]
  3. Talthos

Traceroute is still the same after today's downtime. Forgot to mention that when I asked my ISP about this issue, they stated that this is an issue with the 'routing table' on DBG's end.

It's been nearly 4 months since this issue started for me. The continued radio silence is not encouraging; I really don't want to be stuck playing on Emerald forever (which, oddly enough, does not have the same routing problem as Connery for me).
  4. VV4LL3

Froze loading Connery as of 20230905 @ 1900 MST
  5. Talthos

Month 4, and this issue still hasn't been addressed or acknowledged. Traceroute results are still the same.

And for reference, the traceroute endpoint is "64.37.174.140" (one of Connery's gateway servers, as I understand it).

I may consider cancelling my subscription if this issue is not given higher priority. And if additional information is required, please specify so I can provide it.
  6. Talthos

7. VV4LL3

Current latency 44,000 ms server ping

also your website is failing to load on occasion.

West Coat US Client
  8. VV4LL3

Don't post official related stuff on a non official forum.
  9. VV4LL3

Looks like West Coast/ LA area. is being DDoS'd at the moment.
  10. Mithril Community Manager

We are looking into the recent waves of high lag that is affecting most of our games this week. We will make an official post once further updates become available.
    • Up x 1
  11. VV4LL3

Current latency 30,000ms

Bad latency.
  12. VV4LL3

50,000 latency.

Connery DOA

pull the plug on her, she's done.
  13. Talthos

This issue is still ongoing.

Oddly enough, the routing table briefly became 'better than fixed' around 2 AM Pacific Standard, on October 20th, 2023 (this year).

For roughly 2.5 hours, my latency was low, stable, and my hit registration was exceedingly good (in fact, it was better than I can ever remember experiencing).

Sadly, for unexplained reasons, the routing table reverted back to its broken state roughly 2 hours later, at around 4 AM on the same day.