Connery flight school

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Apr 8, 2021.

1. adamts01

I'm not the best pilot, but I'm decent, and I'll happily help anyone learn to fly ESF on any faction. If you already fly and want to up your air game then I'm happy to duel and possibly show you some stuff. Or maybe you'll school me. I'm always happy to duel and improve.

Add me in game and message me when you're ready to go. Have a microphone, at least rank 1 Fire Suppression, and about 1 free hour.

Adamxxx on TR, AdamxxxNC and AdamxxxVS.

Fair warning, you'll be a cert piñata for at least your first 100 flight hours, but the skill curve isn't as bad as the forums make it out to be.

I'm busy this weekend, but am on every other evening or so after 5 central. Just hit me up whenever you see me online.

I rarely check the forums so don't bother messaging me here. And work is crazy so I can't schedule anything anyway.
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

I just wanted to point out this bit. If it takes 100 hours just to get out of the cert piñata range, how is the skill curve not bad? How is this not the very definition of a bad skillcurve when you compare it to the other skills in the game which take perhaps a couple of hours at most to become decent enough with assuming a basic understanding of FPS's?
  3. adamts01

Yes and no. Forced mouse acceleration when aiming an ESF is by far the greatest barrier. And that's especially frustrating because it's entirely unnecessary. That's why it takes so much trigger time to get good. You have to train that unnatural movement. I see it taking most people 1 to 2 months of practicing.

That said, while mouse control is very important, relatively slow air combat doesn't require any twitchy responses. At least for myself, twitch control is one of those things I don't think I'll ever be good at. Remove that requirement from the equation and A2A combat becomes more accessible than headclicking.

At least that's my take, as a mediocre infantry player who can beat most of the server 1v1 in the air. It's like tanking. With dedication I think it's easier to become a top tanker than it is to become a top infantry player. Same in the air.