Connery and Helios merge "Soon"

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NUKABAZOOKA, Mar 21, 2013.

1. NUKABAZOOKA

• Up x 2
  2. Minsc

So long as Connery has a good TR population, I'll be happy. During primetime, TR tends to have around 25% world pop.
  3. LonelyTerran

-Helios Tr here

I hope the Connery Tr have plenty of good outfits.

Would be nice having multi outfit platoons pushing across amerish and esamir.
  4. infinite loop

Best news I've heard all day. Just spent the last 2 hours looking for a fight on Connery.
  5. BalogDerStout

Check Tawlirich
  6. NUKABAZOOKA

You'll have the entire chinese army behind you.
    • Up x 7
  7. TheRev

No ****. This merge doesn't stop me from transferring. The play on Connery is some of the worst I've seen and unless Helios has some exceptional players and outfits I don't see that changing.
  8. NytDragon

This should be interesting...
  9. Rudette

Are the TR on helios less whiney? If so will they please teach our guys some self-respect?
    • Up x 2
  10. ShopTrain

The NC already have a constant high population here on Helios. Sometimes they have 50% NC and 25% Vanu and TR. Because they have the biggest force, we constantly have to fight them and it gets boring. I want to fight the TR again, and the TR wants to fight us. The point being, if the NC overpopulate the TR and Vanu, players of those factions will start to leave and NC won't get anymore fights.

The one thing I hate about an FPS, is when one side overpopulates the other. I don't care about NC MAXs or any of that other crap that people complain about. But it's the population imbalance that I hate.
    • Up x 1
  11. Streeter

The population will increase, sure... In favor of the NC faction. Again.

They also have the most organized NC outfit in the game, the Devil Dogs. Look at their YouTube videos.

It's clear this stems from NC being the most overpowered faction in the game. A lot of people care more about having an advantage and an easier game than anything else. This only further increases the imbalance in the game.

Oy gevalt...
  12. Edgar Allan Bro

"NC being the most overpowered faction in the game".

haha I hope that was sarcasm.
  13. swiIs

And then you log on tonight and see 50% VS, 27 TR, 23 NC, with the VS owning the upper half of the map and the TR possessing the bottom, with both sides yelling out to each other about how well they're doing dual-pushing the NC.
  14. ShopTrain

I'm on right now, and the NC have around 40%. It's around 30-50% throughout the day. Doesn't every faction have the upper half of the map when they are in the northern warpgate?
    • Up x 2
  15. Reskan

There's no time for whining with so much work to do. Every day we fight against NC platoons at least triple the size of ours, and attempt to push into VS territory until we get run out. We grit our teeth trying to to keep what little territory we have.

Do I want that to change at some point? Sure. It would be nice to have a balanced fight for once, but I don't want the NC to have an even greater population than they have now by throwing servers together again.
  16. Rudette

If you guys are always so outnumbered I'm sure you've become very skilled at waging asymmetrical warfare! I'm certain that there is a lot to learn from you. When we merge I'll welcome you as battle brothers!
  17. Krayus_Korianis

Joy, more NC. Hopefully they lock out populations.
    • Up x 1
  18. swiIs

Eh, when I was on just a bit before my post, VS was at 50. Maybe that was the Indar pop, and you were looking at world? Anyway. When I've been on during the days, I've rarely seen any faction above 40%, though I'll grant that NC has been in the higher 30's more frequently from my own observations.

You might recall, though, that for the last few weeks before the recent rotation, the VS and TR were constantly splitting the map East-West and pushing up against us. If we had the TR in their corner, the VS were always up in our NW corner, very rarely making a solid push to the SE "alongside" us. Same for the TR. It's a trend that I've seen carried over through the rotation, with the VS and TR splitting the map to push NC to our gate. And then, of course, the VS usually 'betray' (quotations because I doubt there's a formal truce) the TR and cut them off, then everyone gets tired and goes to sleep, map gets pushed back overnight, things reset.

I look forward to more organized ops between factions&outfits on other continents. That's something that Helios has going for it and is very enjoyable.
  19. Rustler

Amazing.

Maybe finally we can have battles taking place on all 3 continents.

I wonder what name are they gonna stick to helios or Connery?....Im from Connery but i like the name Helios.....They should call it Markov.
    • Up x 3
  20. Brutal

We connery players are all organized,all three put up good fights but truth be told...Vs is the best of the best you hear!
    • Up x 2