Complete frustration. Changes have done it: Im worried about PS2's future.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Vanus Aran, May 29, 2013.

1. Seranov

Just leave if it bothers you so much. I can assure you the game will go on without you.
  2. Eyeklops

I
    I guess you're right.
  3. Vanus Aran

Prepare for neverending resistance.
  4. control-z

PS2 is still plenty of fun, but I'm finding all the changes confounding and unnecessary, it's like we are playing (and paying) for a beta.
  5. Boomotang

This Vanus guy cracks me up! Hahahaha!
  6. Hosp

I saw alot of words in that OP. And I understand the meaning of each of those words individually. However they way they are assembled makes me wonder if I was just kicked in the back of the head. So rather than even attempt any sort of pro/con argument, I'll just...

:eek:
    • Up x 1
  7. Benton!

agreed

wait for it...

:eek:
    • Up x 1
  8. Rubius

Game is fine. It's the best it's ever been. Not sure what OP is talking about. Read the first two paragraphs, couldn't figure out what his post was about, so I stopped.
  9. Boomotang

10. Boomotang

11. JOups

While I´m tiered to read more of this Problems-Posts, i just want to point some things out.
    First As we can see, and as everything, the lattice as it is now, is just unfinished. They poped it out. I think we can be sure that some new mechanics and overwholes will come to this.
    Zerg always matter is just wrong.
    Now to your Points.
    We all know techplants suck. But at least wait till we can see the changes to Eisa Techplant on the PTS in few weeks. They did some stuff there, maybe it will turn better.

Now to your Ampstations:
    As i can cleary see, you NEVER had a look at Peris or Zurvan. You are Just one of these Zerglings that just had strait north. So dont complain about a Zerg if you part of one.
    Every Amp-Station on Indar right now is different.
    Dahaka has no V-Shilds.
    Peris has a different courtyart layout preventing vehicles drving around and in front the spawn.
    Zurvan, Has 2 Spawnpoints. The old one, and one at the Backdoor.
    They had to do this, because they have to figure out what is the best solution. They had this on the PTS long time, but noone is playing there, so they had no chance to figure this out.
    After this Aspect ppl might not be quite sure if your whole post might be build on miss information...

Next Biolabs.
    Hell these thing are boring as **** right now. Noway in, no way to push out until the attackers lose the will to attack.
    Biolabs would need to some suggestions to improve.
    For example as a test. Link all the Outposts of the Lab. so you can actually set up a attack from all sides.
    Next. Make it possible to take a Outposts, even if the Biolab is under a hack, so that there is the possiblity to risk a pushout.
    Next. Bring back the Shild Gen.
    Right now you have to bring a massive overpop to take one, because defenders just can spawn right inside and have plenty of time to secure some points again. If you cant manage to camp the spawn before the enemys arrive... you gonna have a meatgrinder.
    The Shild Gen put up a Weakpoint, a point where cordinated fights happende. Fights that were important.

If they dont bring back this changes. They have to Redesign the whole Biolab. More Floors as you said. Not all points on a level. Jumpads, well, i dont care to be honest. They should expand in sort of balconies. "basesments. For example.
    Staircases at the Legs of a lab, leading to a open plattfrom. kind of a hange and a storage place. Here is one Cap point.
    Then again we have some Staircases further up into the Basement. This would be a large interior complex, similar to the lab right now. Here again we could have a Cappoint again. On this floor we have a C-point too. Maybe sort of Generators to allow forward progression or highers the spawn timer what ever.
    So again we have stairs, elevators upstairs into the Main building. Its like the old biolab. Up there is one Cappoint, and the SCU Gen. You can still start to attack from above, but you can also try to cap it from the ground. Going one stair after another..

As you can see, there are plenty of possiblities. Best thing would be to bring back the Gen. Then bring varity. They have to do 3 different kind of biolabs. Like I said. One with a staricase to fight upwards, one can stay as it is. an other one could have a different layout inside the bubble. Forexample differnt buildings. different stages, balconies. moved cappoints, other placement of the Gen and so one..
    • Up x 1
  12. Vanus Aran

^ Just for being constructive take my thumbs up.
    My op-post was messed up "by frustration" but a smart person or "not lazy person" could have still handled that.
    So at least someone with will and perception is surfing the forum.
    Maybe its no all lost yet?

I noticed that the AMP-Stations are different now.
    Dont know what to think of it. They had been supposed to be identical.
    I guess variety is good but the stupid holes in the surrounding walls should still vanish.
    Why having walls if they arent even "complete"?
  13. Seranov

You're cute. I laughed at your thread about Medics being overpowered (lol) and this one, too.

It's obvious that you're not a good source of opinions for what the actual issues with this game are (I will not deny they exist) and that you should spend less time on the forums and either more ingame, getting better, or somewhere the hell else.
    • Up x 1
  14. Ashnal

Wow, you must be really, really bad at math and statistics if you think 1.0 KDR is below average. Consider that for every death, there is a kill. There is no source of kills without a death balancing the other end of the scales. It is a zero sum system, and as such the distribution of KDRs will always rest at a 1.0 average. 1.0 KDR is the definition of average. Slightly below is 'below average' slightly above is 'above average.'

But wait! There's more! Since teamkills and suicides add deaths to the count, but do not reward kills, this actually pushes the average KDR lower than 1.0. I can't say by how much, but I'm willing to take a guess at around 0.9 KDR.
  15. Corporate Thug

I made a mistake as I meant to say below 1.0 K/D is below average which I made clear in my original post and yes t/king also lowers this average but to keep it simple I stated 1.0 as being average. Your attack on my post was based on a partial conversation, I suggest reading it all to prevent random a$$ spewery.