[Suggestion] Compass Bearings on Map

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silver Pepper, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Silver Pepper

Still makes it hard to call out accurate bearings for squad members etc, though. 'Specially if they don't have the rotating minimap enabled (I get lost if I have it on).
  2. Wobberjockey

not horribly.

face your target, look at your bearing, convert to approximate degree heading.

eg, Hostile infantry spotted, 315 degrees. 40m from my position (using north as 12 o'clock)
  3. JojoTheSlayer

NW, big rock, left side, 2 meters, infantry, fire.
  4. Silver Pepper

Suddenly. You're on Indar. It's further than 2m, more lke 200. Hundreds of rocks.
  5. JojoTheSlayer

You obviously use stuff that sticks out at your current place. Hill, brink, large rock, tree, building, wreck etc.
    There are reasons why thats a standard engagement order in real life, except that in real life you dont have a compass head up display so Left, Mid left, Strait forward etc are usually used instead.

If your distance to something is like 600m then it really isnt a problem to say 200 m left side of something ether as long as its obvious. "Hard Left, red house, right side, 200m, mg nest. RFK air burst 600,... fire". For example.
  6. Silver Pepper

That works in a slower paced game like ArmA/OFP, where you have time to talk people onto targets. (Well, unless you're on a hillside on the Takistan / Chernarus map with sweet fanny adams features to guide people off, other than loads of shrubs / trees everywhere.) And it'd work well in PS2 if buildings had any damn variety in colour, or names easily stuck to them. Most of them look like cargo containers anyway.
  7. Silver Pepper

Bump.

Can't be that hard to impliment.
  8. Silver Pepper

Suddenly, thread necromancy.
  9. Silver Pepper

Suddenly, necromancy.
  10. Andy79

getting a distance to a target without having to use a personal waypoint would be a step in the right direction,

some games allow you to draw on the minimap for your group members, maybe something like that could be done in PS2, it would provide a lil entertainment during those boring ghost capping times, who can draw the best Pen-
    cil