Comparing Harrasser to MBT

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Irathi, Oct 2, 2013.

1. Bill Hicks

The problem I pointed out before is that the harrasser has such a low skill ceiling.

You dont get punished for bad driving, because its too easy to regain control

You dont have to care about which side of the vehicle is taking fire: no weak spots

You can ignore going back for repairs because you can repair while at fullspeed.

You dont have to worry about aircraft because you can maneuver too well for them to bother with you. and the ones that do chase harrassers quickly get destroyed for tunneling.
    • Up x 1
  2. faykid

the major beef i have with this buggy is that it cannot be hit with AV lock-on launcher, even if it is close by. it simply drives faster than my missile. this is just silly.
  3. Irathi

I'm discussing AV weapons in another thread and let me tell you, I should've never used the words "a hint of realism" in that discussion. Because aparently that means I want a war sim and everyone starts talking about a game isn't supposed to be realistic.

Hopefully this thread won't go in the same direction now that I use those words, because this is exactly a kind of situation where just a hint of realism would help the game. The harasser shouldn't be able to drive faster than for instance a strike. If they can't dodge the missiles with ESF's in air why should a harasser be able to on ground?
    • Up x 1
  4. Jex =TE=

When you watch a movie, you expect a suspension of the laws of reality. If the movie takes that suspension too far, the movie becomes ridiculous (Lord of the Rings had its moments when the laws of physics were entirely ignored in some scenes, for example). So it's not much different for when a game does it, or makes things ridiculous - for anyone with an understanding of the universe they live in they start asked wtf is going on here? The less educated you are, the more likely you are going to accept BS such as this. When you add in selfishness you're onto a real winner with these people trying to argue your point. It's the people reading the arguments that aren't posting you should be aiming for, not the muppet you're talking to ;)