Compared to last year, has this year been worthwhile?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheBloodEagle, Sep 4, 2014.

1. TheBloodEagle

Compared to development last year, do you guys think this year so far has been as fruitful? Has the development sped up or slowed down? Same tempo? Just curious what everyones thoughts are about PS2 in 2014. Also, there's a few months left, but are you guys hoping for anything big in 2015 for PS2?
  2. Goretzu

The game is better than it was (mostly), they've just slipped with performance a bit.

You'd have to hope once the PS4 stuff is combined that everything will pick up (as everything seems to have slowed down since that became a thing).
  3. CNR4806

Plenty of changes that I don't agree with (among others, the repeated, ridiculously over-the-top splash damage nerfs and the relocation of proximity radar to defense), though on a whole the game has improved quite significantly.

Quite notably, it's no longer Indarside, which is a very good change.
  4. Catalyist

I think that the developers have finally taken a step in the right direction when it comes to adjusting and balancing things. Not that I support all the decisions they make, they simply feel more reasonable than before.

I also like the new style of interaction with players, actively asking us for suggestions/feedback and giving us something in return for helping them out (Analyst Helmet). It isn't much, but it makes one feel more appreciated.

Let's just hope they get the performance issues under control again. That's my wish for 2015 and the rest of the year.
  5. zu2

The absolute, most important thing that happened this year, beyond new content or anything else development-wise was the server merge. Populations at all time frames went up 70 percent. Huge increase in fights available. 2nd most important thing was the implementation of more frequent continent-locking causing more frequent warpgate rotation. Last year you could get stuck in the same warpgate for a month. Much less stale now. Third most important thing was the addition of Hossin.