Comms Issue

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by AlphaReconJay, Feb 28, 2014.

1. AlphaReconJay

Everytime i hear someone speak its like the game is intentionally cutting them out
  2. Bruiserdog

Having the same issue since today's update, either comms do not work, or other people come in really choppy. Also can't hear any voice calls at all. Rest of audio is okay.
  3. AlphaReconJay

i can hear everything else including voice calls but its just like i cant understand what anyone is saying when they try to
    talking about ppl i talk to on a regular basis
  4. SierraTango1771

Also having the same issues although some people seemed to have magically fixed it by disabling and re-enabling comms. Still doesn't work for me. Very annoying. Would like some kind of official response for this because I know its more than 4 people.
  5. LibertyRevolution

I never have issue with in game coms..

People having issues, what are your sound devices set as in game?
    Did you leave them on "system default", or do you have your audio devices selected from the list?

I have mine selected from the list, everyone I know that has issues has left them on "system default".
  6. Gurukai

Having same issues, either voice coms don't work at all, and when it does, sounds garbled, in and out, choppy. i have my audio devices set as my headset, not default. All other sound good, and it started with today's patch.

Edit: forgot to say, fresh installed because of the issue and i validated it as well
  7. quex

Same issue here... choppy voice comms audio... all other audio works fine.
    - Tried disabling/reenabling voice and audio
    - Tried selecting another output device, then switching it back.
    - Validated files

no luck... apparently everyone else can hear me OK, however any incoming voice audio is choppy/cutting out.
  8. zukhov

Same problem here, my voice chat cuts out and comes back intermittently and other peoples voices are totally cut out. I have never had a problem with voip before that turning off and on didn't fix. Im also getting black screen bug from the NVidia drivers which seems to cut off my voice, going to roll drivers back and check.
  9. multicycle

I have exactly the same issue, was working fine before the update.
  10. DictatorSloth

Same issue. The member count in the voice lists is sometimes accurate and sometimes zero across squad and platoon. When it does work, it's so choppy I can't understand a thing. No changes to system, patched and comms broke.
  11. Sev

tried everything but reinstalling , they hear me but garble on all incoming, guess we sol till Monday when the week end is over
  12. kiloamp

Comms are fully bugged today.
  13. Akara

Same issue. My ping is normal, but everyone on all voice channels are stuttering like I have network lag. Issues started today and I haven't made a single change to my system.
    - Tried disabling/re-enabling voice.
    - Tried system default/speaker output.
    - Tried deleting 'UserOptions'.
    - Tried multiple servers (Waterson/Connery) and platoons.

Some people don't seem to have issues, some do. If somebody with twitter could link this thread to a dev or 10 we'll probably get a response quicker.
  14. AnimalAbuser

After roughly 2 to 5 minutes in a squad, everyone begins to sound (to me) lilililililkekekeke ththththisisisisis. Which makes coordinating attacks and defenses.... difficult. It does not go away no matter how long I play.

Like many posters on here I cannot understand what anyone is saying at all. They can hear me.

I am using the Steam Client with Planetside 2,

I have re-validated all files it has not fixed the issue.

I have turned off and on the voice in game, it has not fixed the issue.

I have enabled more channels in the voice in the game, it has not fixed the issue.

I have run the program in administrator, it has not fixed the issue.

Defiantly needs a hot fix.

-EVGA X58 MOBO, I7 930 CPU, GTX 780 GFX Card, 24 GB Ram (maybe this will help the devs)
  15. spmokc73

Same thing here. Have seen it happen several times to others in the past but this is the first time I have had a problem with voice myself. Played last night everything fine, patch did something I guess. Hope its fixed soon.
  16. Gurukai

Unplayable, cant hear orders and it's hard to organize attacks
  17. multicycle

I really start to think they should roll out any updates to test server first before goes live, hot fix fixes original issue but breaks another because the lacking of testing and time. Please take your time with releases, we would rather have stable updates than something that is rushed. Especially with a complex code base and multiple teams working on it.
  18. LessCowBell

+1 here with the choppy coms. Tried the enable/disable. Also tried system default / my realtek drivers
  19. EnderWiggans

Any update to this?? Really hard to play with no comm.'s :(
  20. Gurukai

suddenly just started workin on its own... maybe it was server side lag