Combat Medic Proposal Overview

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by h1perkarma, Dec 4, 2012.

1. h1perkarma

A bunch of current ideas put into one proposal; I did my best to try portrait what I mean. Any advice or changes are welcomed.

[IMG]

Thanks. :)
    • Up x 2
  2. vrcarnage

I don't think that an aplicator should dictate exp who gets what. I don't have a problem w/ the other stuff. The icon on the map should be w/ every medic. I have my medic maxed out on all medic items and it has been this way for quite a while now.

If you snoose you lose is what I say. If the person gets to the dead first they should get the exp if they can revive them. The only thing that needs to happen is once that person is hit w/ a revive they skull icon needs to disapear and no one can override it. So people can't steal exp from the double res.
  3. Rayne

The way you want to change the medical applicator would Discourage people from playing medic if they don't have the certification to pink because if they don't they will get ignored and people will run to the pink one and pin a target on people who have that higher level. It's an unfair way to reward those who have all the certs into med app by giving them a **** ton of exp giving them more certs and the others who want to help are forever alone. *does no approve*
  4. h1perkarma

But let's face it, 30 cert will take under an hour to get, that's not even enough time for people to learn to Medic properly. Your point is valid though, I guess I'm thinking from my point of view, forget that I was once a lil level 1 stealing revives.
  5. Ixidron

I definitely approve, it's bad for the game having level 1 app XP farmers all around, the enemy get's more XP, certed medics lose XP because of the farmers, the number of level 1 app medics is insane right now, if you are a high level, you can probably revive one guy because the other 3-5 dead bodies are already being revived by farmers, you want XP? earn it, don't just try to get it for free by damaging the metagame, annoying your teammates and the certed medics.

I've just noticed the amount of rejections resurrection petitions get right now, and I have to say I reject too, people instead of thinking about teamwork would rather think about themselves, and instead of letting a high app medic resurrect someone that it's in the line of fire, they spend 4 seconds to resurrect someone that dies the next instant, and they do than again and again until everyone get's pissed off and starts declining resurrections.

Well, **** XP and **** the farmers, if they want to resurrect they'll have to cert for it, that will solve farmers, that will bring committed medics to the battlefield, and that will solve the stupid amount of combats medics, when the game started combat medics where rare, then people realized how easy is to get XP by resurrecting, and instead of being medic to help they became medics to screw people up and to get certs for their main class, well if you want certs for your LA don't ******* play medic, because that is bad for medics that want to play medic, and it's bad for people that want to be resurrected at a reasonable amount of health and not at 25%.

that modification will not discourage people playing medic, just the opposite, if you want to play medic, you definitely will, and 40 certs are nothing, you can get that in an hour, and thanks to that modification, we will have competent medics that are willing to care for the team and 0 farmers.
    • Up x 1
  6. Hagestol

Noooo colour coding sniper targets please, but if you solve the resurrect at rank 1 issue for new medics the rest is grand.
    • Up x 1
  7. Joust

The medic community thanks you for giving us this very nice presentation!

Agree on all parts, although I think we should put aside asking to pull people for a later date (since the coding & animations would take forever, I'm sure the rest of the changes are far easier to institute).

To rebut against the "priority sniper target" argument, I can get a level 6 rez off by the time I strafe (and jump) from one side of the target to another. If a sniper can switch targets, predict my movement and get a headshot in that time period, he deserves the kill. Med tool rays already make us a huge target, I don't think the color of the beam makes a difference.
    • Up x 1
  8. Hagestol

A differently coloured beam would make you a priority target, especially if the enemy is organised. He might not get a headshot off immediately, but he will see you for a high level medic and identify you with the beam and your camp/armor/helmet/weapon combo. From there you will be his first target until he relocates - I know I would do it like that.

And more importantly: what is the point of having colour coded medic guns? What is the advantage to medics as a class?
    • Up x 1
  9. Joust

When I initially offered that suggestion in another post, it was a 2 parter; give us a different color beam at rank 6 OR give us a minimap icon OR a title / icon above our heads to let people know when can come to us for heals.

The thought process behind color coding was an infantry will see the color of my beam, then be more likely to accept a resurrect from me because he knows I'm rank 6 and will bring him up at 100% HP. No one ever said the color of our beam has to show to the other empires either, though I don't know if it's possible to code something like that to be friendly-only.
    • Up x 1
  10. h1perkarma

Wouldn't a sniper aim for a lower level beam since it would be an easier kill if he missed the first shot? :eek:
    I never really gave infiltrator a shot, but I don't think I've been killed by a sniper since BR 20? I'm 29 now. Rare occasions there's a good patient sniper, most **I've personally see** are terrible shots and are roughly BR 1-10.

I agree, I can out jump those snipeys anyday, also agree the beam won't make a difference apart from the fact that it looks pretty.

Just noticed all minimap makers say Terran Republic, oh that 4am photoshopping. Q_Q
  11. ProjectRay12

As a Brony and as a Combat Medic, I approve this message

Also, Don't forget adding rev icons for MAXes
    • Up x 1
  12. Pax Empyrean

I would love to have a way to trip the idiot right in front of me who is sprinting away while yelling for heals.
    • Up x 1
  13. Joust

14. Kid Gloves

I don't like it.

Rez is probably one of the most critical services a medic provides, and taking that away from newb medics because of farmers is not the answer.

I would prefer to see the rez itself changed so that newb medics aren't providing a sub-standard rez service. Up all sub-75% rez's so they rez at 75% and increase the rez time accordingly so the total time taken to get someone to 75% is the same. Or maybe 50%.

Pro: no more crappy heals
    Con: someone who is down in dangerous territory requires the rookie medic to be sniper-bait for longer

Actually, that isn't a con. It teaches rookie medics about why snipers are bad, and it provides an added incentive to level up their medical tool. :)
    • Up x 1
  15. Metonacus

I am a medic with tier 5 med tool and am still working on maxing my stuff out. I would like to see on the rez screen the % health I would be rezed with. Also I would like to point out you get xp for assisting in almost everything other than rezing. Why not add assisting to rezes as well. The person getting revived would be rezed by the best one there, and the new medics could still get an assist. First done will get the full xp. I also love the idea of a response to the I need a medic being Stop I'm trying to heal you.
  16. h1perkarma

That's like saying, give Carbines all high velocity rounds / advanced grips / compensators and reflex scopes when you start to even out the battlefield.

I spent a long time getting those 500 CERT for my 6th Applicator, it should reward people who want to use the Medic class for what its worth, not XP farmers.
  17. Kid Gloves

Not at all.

At tier 6 you have significant advantages in range, speed and you rez at 100%, rather than 75%.

The difference between taking ~8 seconds to rez someone while having to stay 0.5m away vs. taking ~2 seconds and having a good 2-3m range is huge. You can rez probably 3-4 people in the time it would take a rank 1 to rez 1.

I'm not saying make rank-1 applicators the same as rank-6. I'm saying get rid of the crap rez, but balance it out by making the better rez take even longer on the rank-1 applicator.

In fact, the same amount of time as it would take now to rez to 20% then top off to 75% with a rank 1 medical applicator.

It's more like saying 'give basic carbines the same damage as one with advanced grips / compensators / reflex scopes' - which is actually the current state of affairs with carbines so nothing needs to change there. Same damage, but all those extras sure make it easier to use effectively!
  18. Hagestol

Tactics. Not everyone is worred with thinning out the proverbial herd, active and organised outfits will work to take out priority targets so they can win an objective, and in half a year/year/decade the zerg might to. The sniper will shoot whenever he can, I'm not saying he'll wait for me and save his ammo - but when I get back into the game he'll pop me as I'm a soft target and high threat to objective capping.
  19. Pyros

I said so in the reddit thread about the same subject, but penalizing starting players by removing the best source of xp of the medic class because the rez is too weak isn't the right way to go about this. Why would anyone play a medic if he had to spend the first few hours not doing medic stuff? Healing is more or less pointless in this game and you don't get to heal that much due to terrible range and people dying so quick.

The much easier fix that doesn't hurt new player is to simply rescale rez health values so it starts at 50% on a fresh medic, and increases slower to reach 100% still. 50%, 55%, 65%, 75%, 85%, 100% for example. No penalizing the new players.

I don't disagree with higher rez taking priority or stuff like that though, but removing the rez xp from a new player medic when it's the best source of xp seems weird. That's like telling engineers they can't drop ammo or repair anything but MAXes until they invest 50certs into stuff, then say it's ok because 50certs is fast to get. Well no it isn't fast to get if you don't have booster and play casually, and the last thing we want is less people playing utility role because they're not rewarding enough.
    • Up x 1
  20. Naburimannu

I don't know how you're doing that, but some of us are lucky to get 10 certs an hour.