[Vehicle] Collossus Tank

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diilicious, Jul 17, 2018.

1. YellowJacketXV

I guess I'm not the only one that feels the Redeploy button is killing planetside.
  2. LaughingDead

It's not so much as it's killing planetside but it's killing the idea for this tank. Actually I think I'd rather call it mobile command and logistics center because if it's not designed for main combat it's not a tank.

Redeploy was put in with the intention of making fights happen faster, sooner, and allow people to support that fight, it's a necessary evil in that sense. We lose out on an important aspect of RTS gameplay for the FPS gameplay but that's healthier for the game.
  3. Diilicious

dont hijack my darnn thread.

Also just look at it, its pretty obvious why this wouldnt work. the devs would have to redesign all of the maps to incorporate this thing as its clearly far too large to fit anywhere.

[IMG]

With my suggestion for the Colossus there would not need to be any major changes to the game to accomodate it. it would fit on all bridges (just) and down almost every road in the game besides the REALLY tight ones, which are few and far between. it would even be workable on Hossin as long as you stuck to the major pathways between bases.

And if it is a bit too large, you just drag the scale handle down a bit, job done, that wouldnt work with your suggestion as you have things spawning/landing on it..

besides Colossus is infinitely more beautiful than whatever that thing is you posted..
  4. Nogrim313

part of me wants to see these things made really juicy. make them a construction object.

you spawn it by building one with an ANT, once its built it empties the connected silo, and can be refuelled by ant.
    the tank itself runs on cortium, when its silo is empty it can no longer move or fire the main gun.

i would include all of those module effects but have them drain the onboard silo at higher rates.

when the tank is being built it is shown to all factions on the world map giving you time to attack it while its being built

basically think superunits in the game supreme commander

this way the tanks take a large effort to deploy, an asset to defend and fuel and be limited by its logistical support.