Colbalt

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CartoonFace, Mar 10, 2015.

1. andy_m

Well... I'm NC on Cobalt, and what you say pretty much describes me to a tee. But, as I said earlier, lots of peeps have characters on all three factions. Does that mean that, if the good peeps want to play, they only play the Vanu character and leave the NC for a change every now and then?

And what about the TR? Where do they fit into all this?

Personally, I'd like to hear from a Cobalt player that plays all three factions and what their mind set is when playing NC compared to playing Vanu.
  2. gigastar

Being free to play is not an excuse for poor performance. Nor does it excuse major overhauls left half finished.
  3. Nitrobudyn

Time of action: yesterday evening A.K.A. 2014-03-10 ~8:00 PM
    Place of action: Cobalt, Terran BL-4 Crash Site.

First situation was when NC were defending that base. The population was almost 50:50, about 25-48 on each side, so i spawned there. Loading screen is over, screen shake starts. I look around, see few PPA scythes, Gals, Lib, Magriders, and MAXes outside. I take a second look inside, see few burster maxes, HA with lock-ons and dead bodies on the doorstep. I think to myself 'Yep, Vanu' and redeploy.

Second situation was when VS were defending this base. The population was quite balanced as well. NC had 6 sunderers around the base. I deploy and see no tanks, nor aircraft, not even the MAXes. When i got to the nearest control point there was a fight over it. I was healing/ killing/ healing/ etc. eventually i died. There were only 3 sunderers remaining and VS had about 2/3 pop... gg

I get that it is a combined arms game, but number of force multipliers that VS pull is higher than Snoop Dogg. Much more often i see that the VS guy i killed as an infantry comes back in solo AI/AI Magrider, or in a PPA Schythe, than in case of TR and their equivalents.
    • Up x 1
  4. 0fly0

On cobalt that's simple, most nc only enjoy big fight, when i see a tight alert between the 3 faction and nc is losing bases against one ghoscapper it's just funny to watch, when there is an alert, i keep looking my map all the time and when i see a guy ghostcapping i just go put a bullet in his head, it take time and i'm not doing a lot of certs or anything but it help keep the territory and we can move attack other bases.
  5. \m/SLAYER\m/

each time i log in to Vanu, they warpgating NC
    but i noticed, VS PTFO all the time, even if there no alerts running.. and so much insulting if they lost single base to NC. 99% of orders is about fighting NC.
    and you must know, that VS on Cobalt is strongest faction
  6. customer548

I started to play this game as a NC. I made a Vanu reroll after having played as a BR 100 NC during monthes. I had a lot of fun while playing NC. I still have the same kind of fun while playing a Vanu, the flavor ( skins and weapons) is just different. You shouldn't ask this question, perhaps may it lead you to think that NC is less fun or competitive to play than Vanu side is. I'm playing lonewolf aggressive close range Inf on both characters, and i have the exact same K/D on both characters.

Just keep on playing the faction and class you have fun with. Do not take too much interest in what others do or say, it may lead to any kind of useless frustration.
  7. andy_m

Yeah dood... I was just curious is all.
  8. TheMercator

Also seems like a typical case of TR and VS not fighting each other.