COF of the Equinox Burst

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Stromberg, Oct 10, 2013.

1. Stromberg

So I was looking at this weapon chart here https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...=AR&sortcolid=-1&sortasc=true&rowsperpage=250
    The data is supposed to be from game files and accurate. So take a look at the ADS crouch COF of the Equinox Burst. It's 0.1 while still but 0.075 while moving. So it's more accurate moving than still while ADSing and crouching? Now, I see the pattern how the COF while ADSing and moving is always the half of the normal Equinox, still it doesn't make sense for it in the crouch + ADS + move case.
    [IMG]
  2. Being@RT

Burst fire variants' bonus applies only to moving CoF.

NC has a standing still CoF reduction, so their burst fire weapons are easier to use while crouching still.
    VS has a moving CoF reduction, so their burst fire weapons are easier to use while crouch moving.
    TR has no such bonuses, so their burst fire weapons are equally easy to use while crouching still or crouch moving (except Sabr-13, which is a special case).

So for NC normal carbine, standing/crouching still CoF 0.03, stays the same on a burstfire variant
    For TR, standing/crouching still CoF 0.1, stays the same on a burstfire variant
    For VS, standing/crouching still CoF 0.1, stays the same on a burstfire variant

NC standing moving CoF 0.3, crouching moving 0.15. Halved to 0.15 and 0.075 on a burstfire variant.
    TR standing moving CoF 0.3, crouching moving 0.2. Halved to 0.15 and 0.1 on a burstfire variant.
    VS standing moving CoF 0.25, crouching moving 0.15. Halved to 0.125 and 0.075 on a burstfire variant.

As you can see, the burstfire weapons were made by following simple rules and haven't been thought of in terms of 'does this make sense'.

A simple fix would be to have burst fire weapons also apply the bonus to non-moving ADS CoF. Not too many people use the burst fire weapons as is so I don't think it would cause too much trouble in weapon balance. Exception may be Sabr-13, but it doesn't have better CoFs than non-burst weapons anyway (it doesn't have a non-burst counterpart) so shouldn't be included in the fix.

---

In fact, there isn't a single weapon in game that has a smaller ADS CoF while crouching still than standing still. One would think that crouching in place helps you with ADS, since it does so for hipfire on a lot of weapons (_most_ pistols don't benefit from crouching at all).
  3. Stromberg

Yeah, like I said, I see the patterns of the burst weapons. Just in the case of Equinox Burst and also Solstice Burst it actually goes the point where moving COF becomes smaller than still COF. Ironically it's compensated by the unprecise sights unless you're aware and have marked your screen center.
    And you're right about COF while crouching and ADSing, too. One would expect it to be smaller than standing. In fact it is suggested because the crosshair becomes smaller in the case of hip firing if you corouch. Being a smaller target is the only advantage for crouching and ADSing and I bet a lot of ppl are not aware.