Cobalt !!HOSSIN!! late nite uk

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CHANCELLOR MARTOK, Sep 9, 2017.

1. CHANCELLOR MARTOK

What is up with this stupid cont being on every bloody nite. I dont play Hossin, it sucks. I will not play Hossin, it sucks. So by locking down all other conts but Hossin you are just killing the game. It makes no sense to alienate your players. For the love of God please stop this. I enjoy playing PS2 but I will not be forced to play Hossin under any conditions. Going back to to 2 continents would be nice but I know your not gonna do that, and I think its really durrrr. I have and will continue looking for a new FPS to play I would prefer to play PS2 "but I am not playing Hossin".
    • Up x 1
  2. Bambaleilo

There was a topic about this already, less than a week ago I belive.
    What is it to hate about Hossin? I dont get it.
  3. FateJH

I don't think you're going to be convinvced about the OP's opinion regaridng Hossin anymore than he would be about your opinion of Hossin; there's no point in asking in that case.
  4. MuggieWara

"Killing the game" FOR YOU!So nothing important here.

Whiners...
  5. zaspacer

PS2 Devs made a game change that is gonna cause Hossin to be the only unlocked continent for a chunk of the time.

Many forum posters protested this on these forums when the change was first announced (I was with this group), and many other forum posters celebrated the change. It is unclear if PS2 Devs have this issue on their radar, or if they have any preference.

Knowing SOE/DBG culture, you best way to lobby for the change you want is to keep posting and getting others to post in support of what you want.

I think many players have already covered why they don't like Hossin. Literally specific details they don't like about the map and gameplay on it. Have you seen those posts? Do you know what details they covered?

I think Bambaleilo can be convinced that CHANCELLOR MARTOK's opinion is genuine. Just as CHANCELLOR MARTOK can be convinced Bambaleilo's opinion is genuine. It's just they won't share each others opinions.

If they can't be convinced each are genuine about their own opinions, then that does speak to a breakdown that will likely result in them not being able to share ideas.

If keeping Hossin as the only unlocked content ends up only keeping 1 player net from playing, then it probably won't have a big impact. But if it keeps a lot of players from playing, then it will have an impact.
  6. MuggieWara

Putting a veto on more than 1/4 of the game's landmass on grounds of stubborn preference and threatening to leave the game because of this seems very childish and immature to me.I really like Hossin but ive patiently put up with Indarside and Esamirside for years.

Now a change has been made and some people are forced to play on Hossin for a few minutes and they re complaining..I dont care about their reasoning.I just find it RIDICULOUS!
  7. Callsign-YukiMizuki

I don't get the deal with why people hating Hossin. It has flaws for sure, but based on personal experience, most of my most fun and tense fights happens in Hossin.
    Esamir though...

Anyways, there are other ways of getting around this. But tbch, lashing it out on the forums is not the most productive way of doing it
  8. Liewec123

nope he's actually right,
    have you seen what happens to the player pop when a decent continent locks and hossin unlocks during primetime?
    here is a visual aid...
    [IMG]
    the playerbase which usually lingers around 1,200 players during primetime drops to around 700-800.
    hossin seriously damages primetime, thats just a fact,
    next time it unlocks during primetime check the pops and see the drops. :p
    • Up x 1
  9. zaspacer

When given the choice, people are going to do what they want to do, and avoid what they don't like to do.

If they made Disneyland free, but only kept one ride open each day, you will get different numbers of people showing up depending on (among other things) which single ride it is that is open. And you may like a ride that most people just will not show up to ride.

People are complaining for different reasons. Some are complaining to express their frustration and personal reaction at something they dislike. Some are complaining to try to lobby DBG to change things to what they enjoy more. Some people are complaining because they see Hossin as a destructive force in terms of keeping players (playing in the short term and/or leaving the game in the long term) and keeping the game alive.

You are basing your understanding on your own personal preference. You are not factoring in that other people will not share your preferences. Other people do not share your preferences regarding Hossin.

Actually, these kind of blow up posts are generally the most impactful toward Devs, especially if they can be done supported by many other posts/comments. I worked at Sigil, I know first hand they are much more likely to respond to this stuff.

It is known.... but apparently not by many other people on this forum.

Liewec123 makes a very good suggestion. For those who are not clear on why keeping Hossin in the rotation as the only unlocked Continent is bad, pay attention to the player numbers before and after Hossin becomes the only Continent. Pay attention to player numbers in general when each Continent is the only one unlocked.

To be clear, any time a Continent is locked, the game tends to lose some players who log off. But an unlocking Hossin in particular sees the biggest drops.
  10. Nikbis

Since Hossin and continent lock, I reinstall PS2 once in a while, and delete it af few days after, if not right after I launched it.
    Last time was ~6 months ago, when I found out DBG got rid of the MAX' charge, an awesome offensive / defensive I used a lot, as I used to main and have fun with LA and MAX only.
    I just reinstalled once again, logged in (Cobalt), set up my keybinds, open the map aaaaaand... Oh ok, Hossin as the only option. I logged out right away. Bye PS2. Again.