C'mon SOE.....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Yaesu, May 14, 2014.

1. Yaesu

This, being killed 7 out of 10 times, by an infiltrator stealthing up from behind, is getting old REALLY QUICK!

Being killed by one shot from a shotgun, by someone I unloaded 20 shots into from my rifle, and they didn't go down, getting old REALLY QUICK!

You may want to start taking steps to fix these issues, because, honestly, PS2 isn't any fun anymore. And, whether or not I renew my membership come the end of the month, will greatly depend on the actions you take.
  2. z1967

Restart your router.
    • Up x 7
  3. Seuchensaal

If you get stealthed that much you should not blame the infiltrators... it´s their job.

Better think a bit about your positioning, your surroundings and where your platoon-members are.
    • Up x 4
  4. Yaesu

Seriously??? I've been taken out by infiltrators repairing tanks and maxes. Standing in a group of people. Locations, in facilities with other players, or in the middle of nowhere, sniping sundies with my av turret. And resetting my router, z1967??? LMAO!!!
  5. Corporate Thug

6. Seuchensaal

The comment with the router isn´t that stupid as you might think. People who have to pump loads of ammo in others might have high ping or other issues that can (but not have to) be solved by a restart.

Sniping sundies with AV-turrets leads to tunnel-vision... easy target for an infiltrator.

If they get you in groups they do what they have to: eliminate high risk-potential targets. No engineers repairing -> MAXes dying. No medics healing -> everyone dies, noone is revived. So a "suicide run" into the core of the battle might be very helpful for the "big picture".
    • Up x 1
  7. z1967

Restarting. I had the same problem and I restarted my router. Ping is now stable at 115ms to Connery from the EC and I don't have horrible hit reg anymore. Infil. problems? Cloak is audible up to 200m away and if you cant see them then put a flashlight on a pistol. If you are running on low/very low and having problems my sympathy goes out to you and I recommend putting a darklight on your primary weapons that don't suffer from no laser/foregrip (smgs, shotguns etc.).

Infils are more fragile and die fast. They are no more dangerous than LA with the only advantage is to be less visible. Not that hard to deal with unless you are distracted.
  8. Axehilt

SOE cannot save you from your own bad decision-making, but you can!

MAXes are overpowered for indoor fights. They are nearly impervious to infiltrators. If you're dying to a skilled infiltrator and choose MAX, he'll focus on other targets (and if you're nearby you'll charge on him once you hear him fire, and kill him easily.) And you won't just be overpowered against infiltrators, but every single class you meet indoors.

The 20 shots thing, unless there's a recent bug, is also something you can fix yourself by landing those shots on his head instead of the wall behind him or his legs.

So it sounds like whether or not your membership gets renewed is mostly (if not wholly) decided by actions you take. Which should be great news to you, since the power is entirely in your hands!
  9. OddChelsea

A clear case of needing to L2Play but deeming that too difficult and running to the forums to cry for nerfs instead. OP you can't aim and you have no situation awareness, them changing mechanics wont make you better. Perhaps you are having netcode issues but that wont fix problem #2. Practice and get better, but that's just silly right?
    • Up x 1
  10. eldarfalcongravtank

go heavy assault
    cert into max shield rank
    cert into max nanoweave rank
    use a closequarters weapon (smg, shotgun)
    (optional) equip a darklight flashlight
    (optional) use a crossbow with sensor darts
    enjoy your infiltrator hunter
  11. TheFamilyGhost

Complaining about the other guy killing you won't make you a better player.
    • Up x 3
  12. yeHHH1g

What's up with all these "make the game easier so there is no learning curve because I play like a derp" posts lately?
    • Up x 5
  13. Yaesu

Jesus. LoL! Same ole, same ole ridiculous replies from kids who actually think that PS2 requires skill?? Hahaha! , Point, click, reload, Point, click, reload, Point, click, reload. Yell for ammo. Yea...whole lotta skill there. LoL. The ONLY skill required in PS2 is learning to "fly". After that...NADA!
    Everything was fine and dandy up until a large 1700+ patch released at the beginning of April. All the sudden, nothing was working as it had. Has nothing to do with skill and everything to do with NERF by SOE.
    As for infiltrators? You really believe that sneaking up behind someone, unseen, requires skill?? hahaha!

Anyway, I spoke my mind. I have nothing to lose, where SOE does. Me continuing to be a customer. I'm certainly not the only one who has said this. I just hope SOE starts listening. Because, honestly, I really did like the game.
  14. FateJH

[IMG]
    • Up x 3
  15. OddChelsea

And this exact response from you shows why you are getting destroyed. There's a lot more to this game than that. If that is the depth of the in game tactics that you can grasp, just point and shoot, then no wonder you are dying a lot. Also yes being a good infil and getting the drop on enemies DOES require skill.What you are doing is saying nerf the experiences of other customers to make mine easier because I don't want to become better at the game. You don't think that if they did that that they'd lose money from them?
    • Up x 3
  16. Get2dachoppa

So the game in general requires no skill, and yet you are still struggling? Hmm....

If Infiltrators are sneaking up on you, maybe you aren't pointing, clicking and reloading enough? By your own admission, that's the only "skill" needed for this game. Oh, and don't forget to yell for ammo - that little trick will keep those sneaky Infiltrators away from you for sure!

By the way, is this your character?
    https://www.planetside2.com/players/#!/5428026242688261537/weapons
    • Up x 3
  17. Vixxing

Buy a Shotgun or a stalker cloak!
  18. Eyeklops

[quote="Yaesu, post: 2699081, member: 171289"I've been taken out by infiltrators repairing tanks and maxes./quote]
    Infiltrators can repair tanks and maxes now? :eek: OP!!!! NERFF!!!
  19. OddChelsea

What do you think nanite auto repair is? It's not actually automatic, perma cloaked SOE infils just run around repairing people who have it a short while after they take damage. That's why it got nerfed, they had to downsize some of them.
    • Up x 2
  20. LordDethir

It does. Trust me. Also isn't there a rule somewhere where you have to at least play what your complaining about for 24+ hours before you curse it on the forums?