CME vs NS-11A, is it worth?

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by Adeon, Mar 8, 2014.

1. Adeon

[IMG]
    - same RPM,
    - same damage and damage fall off at range
    - CME has 10m/s less muzzle velocity
    - CME has faster by 0.2s reload speed, but NS-11A has a mag more on 5 rounds
    - CME has lesser hip-fire accuracy
    - NS-11A has soft point ammunition, CME is not
    Also:
    - CME has higher horizontal recoil: 0.225/0.225 (even with advanced forvard grip), while NS-11A has 0.2/0.2
    - CME has lesser first shot recoil multiplier: 2.5, while NS-11A has 3.
    But it is easier to compensate vertical recoil than horizontal.
    - NS-11A has 0.75 ADS move multiplier, which is very important.

So, is there at least one reason to use CME? (it costs 1000(!) cert).
    I tested both weapons on VR, and my verdict:
    NS-11A is easier to use and it has more advantages. So, CME is waste of certs/money and need buff or drastic remake. Also, it is on sale today, so don't make mistake.
  2. MrK

If I'm not mistaken, CME has adv forward grip option, maybe also adv laser sight
    But yes, it needs to be changed to be a better option
  3. Adeon

Yes, it has, but NS-11A with forward grip has lesser horizontal recoil than CME with advanced forward grip :eek:.
    • Up x 1
  4. Scientiarum

Well CME has no bullet drop either. It is 6 of 1, half a dozen of the other on that. The differences are very minute, IDK about the stats with the advanced forward grip but I'd wager it isn't much better than the NS-11A with the standard forward grip if at all, that and that is an extra 100 certs you would have to put into CME anyway. It does have directional recoil which is a bit better for ranged accuracy vs the vertical with random recoil of the NS-11A which traditionally is slightly better for cqc. The one stat that might put the NS-11A over the top is the 0.75 ADS multiplier. I would suggest for now you probably just go for the NS-11A but I have a suspicion the CME may be getting some changes with an upcoming balance pass.

P.S. I am pretty sure you are incorrect about the 1st shot recoil multiplier, I think they are the same.
  5. Adeon

6. MrK

I don't know the exact effect of adv ford grip and forwd grip on both, do you have numbers?

Anyway, CME is indeed awefull. Where NC have Carnage and TR TAR, VS have a better option with NS weaponry. Sad :(
  7. Scientiarum

8. DevDevBooday

The NS one also has the disadvantage of being bland trash that violently destroys the Vanu aesthetic.
  9. Gav7x

The CME is pointless. enough said
  10. Tentakewls

NS-11A. If you want a weapon that performs similarly but still looks "Vanu", go for the Equinox.
  11. Mostadio

CME is a hipster weapon. You can use it and be that one guy that defends it as being awesome and claim that if it doesn't work for someone, they just don't know how to use it.
  12. Epic High Five

Look man you just don't "get" the C85 Canister okay

*flips face out of hair*

*adjusts scarf*
  13. Epic High Five

Basically the CME represents the VS AR lineup pretty well - dumb, costly, and outclassed.

I run Corvus pretty much 100% of the time on my VS medic, and use the default - a gun so unremarkable that I cannot even remember its name - for anything closer. Mostly though I just wish I was playing my NC
  14. FullMetalMedic

I just don't understand SOE balance for the CME (even post patch version), how is a gun that you put 430 certs into not even as good as the starting NC or TR weapon?. The EXTREME range that the CME is supposed to be good at it's bullets do such horrible damage nobody is going to die from it unless they are AFK or their reaction time is worse than my great-granpa's (and dude is... old).
  15. Gundem

*shoots in face with MLG Adv. Laser Sight VX6-7*

*wipes feet on carcass*
  16. Epic High Five

Psh, not a Reaper/X11 = not scared

Anyway, the MLG crowd doesn't flock to the VS for the HV45, so it can't rightly claim that title (they're there for the Orion)
  17. Gundem

Eh, they only like the Orion for the movement speed multiplier. But with the VX6-7 you get 100% speed!

Oh yea, and in that case...

*rams with C4 loaded Reaver*

*shoots tk'd body with GodSAW*
  18. Epic High Five

NOW YOU'RE SPEAKING MY LANGUAGE

Don't forget the wild Airhammer spam before impact, and the "/tell <victim> good fight!" right afterwards
  19. Gundem

How silly of me, I can't believe I forgot the Airhammer... I am ashamed to be a Forumsider :oops:
    • Up x 1