Closing lanes when the server pop is low

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by PKSpark, Dec 11, 2015.

1. PKSpark

Yesterday there were very few players, a common situation so, with everyone scattered around the continent,
    no large battles, and large hexes have more trekking than fighting (think of hossin dam with 3-4 ennemies)...

I suggest closing lanes (padlock symbol in grey) when the server pop is low, to concentrate the fight toward the center, and very low pop would close enough lanes to have a Koltyr-like path, warpgates linking straight to the middle. So that we can always have fights and if possible large fights!
  2. FunBotan

Bad idea for the same reason as the continental lattice. These ideas rip off the sandbox element of PS2.
    • Up x 3
  3. PKSpark

Have to add if the lanes could be closed, moving over thoses closed lanes will not result in death, they are just not capturable
  4. FunBotan

So what's the point of getting there if you can't interact with a single thing? No, under "sandbox experience" i mean that feeling in your gut after solocapping an outpost on a stalker infi or something lake that. Besides, not all players like large fights.
  5. PKSpark

Leading the players where the game is without actually forcing them. Travelling with sundies, gals, and other vehicles, through thoses places, the goal staying in the opened lanes, without being killed for straying out too far.

For the solocapping i don't dig that fashion sorry, PS2 is by definition a large scale FPS centralized around teamwork, where's the fun in playing alone capturing a large, almost empty base?
  6. breeje

i agree but this is not the solution we need more players new and old
    server merge ? maybe i don't know
    just imagine a new player trying out PS2 and he ends up in a section whit no players, noting to do and not understanding what is happening

he even i am sometimes looking where the fight is and where to go
    and who wants to fight over the same base all night, no thanks then i go play a other game as many others will
    this will result in even lesser players
  7. PKSpark

A compromise would be to keep enough lanes opened to have at least a 12+ vs 12+ fight in a hex, and you'll have to the maximum 2 side lanes to cap if you want to.
    The days before, around 50 players were scattered in amerish with no 12 vs 12 in sight, all spread across too many side lanes...
    In that context, capping and sitting gets boring very fast
  8. MikeyGeeMan

Lattice only works when it's an intercontinental lattice. Otherwise it's just a constraint on the current continent. It's also a big reason for the deadlocks you get.
  9. Colonelveers12

Personally I feel that they either need to dump Indar or Hossin, remove cont locking and go back to the three continent system. Over time they then need to work on then finish but not release other continents and once they have nine or so continents go to the system they were planning on before they ****** it up with Hossin. ***** getting old and there are less and less people everyday that are playing the game while all everyone is ever concerned about is balance that doesn't work in the slightest and stupid features that appeal to a small portion of the community.
  10. Savadrin

Because it hardly ever stays that way, and by the time you get to the second one you usually end up instigating a big fight. To each his own, but sometimes I do like to do this rather than trying to farm infantry while avoiding tanks and air.
  11. Armcross

What server you are playing?