Close to being the most Degenerate meta I've ever seen.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by iller, Mar 12, 2020.

1. iller

Lattice-Base win trading is effing stupid. I can't believe the Designers phoned this one is so bad.

Granted it could have been even worse for "the meta" since you technically need to hold onto it for a little bit to get the next Outfit resources from it. But by far the worst IMO is the one single "Purple" resource granting hex in the middle that basically gives too much while not having any other Lattice anywhere on the map to give just 1.0 or even 0.5 of that resource per X minutes.

What's up with that? King of the Crown is so 2012 and backwards thinking. It favor one faction over the other two a little too much, AND It's super duper Feast-or-Famine and definitely contributes to Rich-getting-Richer. My own outfit last night was swimming in it while no one else could even get a Whiff of it b/c the new Outfit deployables gives the Zerg-fit another Edge on top of what was already a pretty sizable Edge.

I don't know about the Blue resource yet... It seems even harder to coordinate a long term plan around b/c we might actually need lots lots more of it but I also need more time in game to find out. Either way, I worry that regular outfits will run into several major WALLS trying to compete for this and the way they do so is so completely counter-intuitive to how the world map SHOULD be played. (why don't they get anything for at least defending an un-owned Hex??).

One consideration that might help: Drastically shorten the "Expedition" timers but add a Cooldown that is kinda long and results in drastically diminishing returns for Outfits that ALREADY own or capture physical lattice Hexes too quickly....

And lastly, as I had already said weeks ago when we were watching this first come out on the Test server, I still maintain that the solution to this is: DON'T just automatically give away all of that listed resource upon capture and X-minutes hold. Instead make that Number on the map, a straight up MULTIPLIER boosting off of the player Bases in that surrounding hex ring meaning they'd have a Hive like mechanic granting that outfit more of the resources than just owning the Hex grants..... which in turn would incentivize the Zerg outfit to actually help protect those player bases even if they're not part of their outfit.

If anyone agrees, don't tell me, @ it at Sites or whoever will hear it on Reddit/Twitter plz
    • Up x 2
  2. Demigan

Oh you mean that all of the problems I pointed out as it was revealed are actually true and not solved at all? Well how surprising...

Why cant the devs or the starry-eyed outfit people not see and solve these clear and obvious problems? How could this have gotten passed the concept stage?
    • Up x 3
  3. OneShadowWarrior

He who zergs with the most numbers essentially wins. Some Outfits are oversaturated with returning players, but the game is really squad based and Platoons are very glitched. There were more essential things they needed to address such as client hit detection, more optimizations with DX11, all the bugs, rendering issues, tick rates with so many numbers on the servers during prime time. I think many of us have even liked to see a new map, or another vehicle, or a new weapon or stuff we could tinker with for engineers, infiltrators, max suits, implants, ASP with expanded prestige.

Not impressed with the Community Hub, vendors, War Assets or Outfit Wars. More than half the players are solo and just want to login and have a good time and relax. Not be grilled, because they can’t meet competitive expectations because they have a life.

I have no clue who the developers are talking to, but most of this content is a mess.
    • Up x 1
  4. iller

Yeah this does not come as news to me after last night. A single Connery outfit literally ran Roughshod over Indar the entire time that the continent was open. They also decided the final alert. I don't mean to undersell how much a one mr. Sir Doctor Professor Moneypantaloons Esquire has improved as a leader...I run into people quite frequently who sing his praises. I just feel that smaller more specialized outfits aren't getting their dues anymore or are even getting Overshadowed entirely.

I also noticed there were way less real dedicated player bases being Maintained anywhere near the front lines. The only ones that stick out in memory last night were on the slope near Quartz Ridge when the Vanus were finally able to hold some ground during the last 10 minutes of the Alert. They would have been instantly flattened if not for the huge amount of Magriders and Harrassers acting as meat-shields in front of the damn things.
  5. WCRjv27NC

cant take you seriously.... people will judge you based on your responses.
  6. Rooklie

couldn't you argue that the smaller outfits could cooperate with each other? I've seen it done regularly on Cobalt..
  7. Demigan

I made threads about these flaws, look them up. And if you cant take that response seriously there is more wrong with you than me.