[BUG] Clipping issue - infiltator worst enemy.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by PapaEchoWhisky, Jan 6, 2013.

1. PapaEchoWhisky

Anyone else run into clipping issues? Here is one I have found at my favorite sniping spot in the North Zurvan Amp Station area.

2. Spartan 117

Yeah I run into this all the time. Hope it gets addressed.
  3. Caspartine

I don't see a problem here. You're not looking through the barrel - the scope is attached to the rifle, so it seems logical that you can hit the rock even if you aim/see above, when it's this close.
    • Up x 3
  4. Benevon

^^ This. Now I have run into a FEW times where I seemed to hit an invisible object blocking my way, but what you are showing is not a bug.
  5. Wobberjockey

another part of the issue is that i'm 75% sure all the bullets come from your belly button, not the gun barrel
  6. Barana

If you look closely at a couple of the clipped shots (at around 00:07 and 01:15) you can see the bullet impacts hitting some invisible object in front of the scope. You can also see when he scopes out that the barrel is nearly parallel to the rock surface, and the end looks as if it should be passing cleanly over the top. I've noticed this when I'm playing infil as well, there seems to be a 1-2 inch invisible hitbox on rocks and stuff like that.
  7. PapaEchoWhisky

There definitely a clipping issue here. Most other areas don't have this issue. It just sucks cause its such a good spot when there are only a few.
  8. Caspartine

Well I'm not saying there isn't (in general, not just this spot). I had some weird experience myself. I just thought it's good to consider what's in my previous post. There already were threads about this, some people don't realize it. Also, I'm playing as an inf most of my time and these situations are so rare that it doesn't even raise my bp, compared to other infiltrator issues. Still, it's there, more or less, so as a feedback do devs it's ok I guess.
  9. Rognik

Yes, there are clearly at least some rocks where the model doesn't match its hitbox at all. As NC, there was a rock on Esamir the other day where I was not just experiencing this issue with bullets, but also clearly hovering a couple of feet above the rock as I stood on it.
  10. SeventhFrost

It's not uncommon. Shooting between banisters and railings and such is a good example of it all the time. It may just be laziness there, but otherwise, it's usually just because the clipping sizes of the areas greatly outsize their "visible" counterparts. It's in every game you play. It won't go away. Sorry.
  11. MamboJambo23

I made a thread about the topic. A small suggestion.

My take:
    Most of the time, I'm able to see tons of friends, and hardly any foes - guessing that priotized render objects are set to random or truly "render more buddies than enemies".
    It would be nice to choose if we as players/clients can set who we want to see more. You know, a ratio setting. Nonetheless, since it is server-side, it would great if the renderer would focus on rendering less of your respective empire buddies and more of the enemies.I seriously doubt it is like that right now.