Clientside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Pelainis117, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Pelainis117

Just came back to planetside after 3 years break. What happened to servers? I mean servers lagging so much that every time I try to escape and run into room or hide near wall I still get damage through the wall even after two-3 seconds. Does it changed that way so much? Becouse 3 years ago it was way better with that clientside stuff. Or just new updates affect this game so much?

My internet connection is decent like 100mb/s download/upload and 1 ping connection quality.
    • Up x 2
  2. AlcyoneSerene

Wish I remembered exactly what the game was like almost 2 years ago when I joined, but clearly it was not in its current state of degradation with random frames per sec hits with new patches as with the last, dying meters behind cover, dealing or also taking damage that does not register, being thrown off cliffs when I clearly let go of the forward key in time, etc.

My ping is about a steady 30/50 and do always wonder what other players' experience is like with the game and their ping, and have yet to test what my friends' ping and our duels are like in big battles to get a sense of why some players are up to a full second ahead of us and appear to move as in fast forward or outright teleport - other than ping wizardry/cheating which should be scanned for and banned.
  3. FLHuk

It has, as it often does, taken a nose dive recently.
    • Time outs on death, IE taking a second or more to load the death screen.
    • Last shot hangs, IE you know you're dead but it takes a second or so for that last round to hit.
    • Dying meters behind "summit"
    • Shooting at skyknights with a Tearguard produces that weird stop start pattern on the aircraft.
    • Stutter, the return of the ever popular "Shazam, you lose 20FPS" for several seconds.
    I fully expect these to fade away again in due course as they have done over the years... Just wish we could do away with it permanently!
    • Up x 1
  4. Nuggz

I've played off and on since launch and the state of the servers now is just plain sad... HUGE server side lag spikes when large numbers of troops redeploy to your AO, getting shot well after you've rounded a corner, attempting to spawn on a gal only to fall to your death from 600m.... the list goes on and on... The shrinking size of the playing community plus the mergers of servers seems to have caused a severe amount of neglect with regards to the servers performance and upkeep. This is the sort of short sighted money saving schemes older games use to try to eek out a lil more money from the game, after all, if you don't upgrade your servers (EVER) then you can just take that money and give it to your investors (aka profit). Problem is this only hastens the ending of the game in its entirety which stops the revenue flow altogether.

If they had performed the proper upkeep on the servers (or perhaps had them hosted by someone NOT in a shoebox) we wouldn't have all the issues with gameplay problems that we have now.
    • Up x 1
  5. strikearrow