[Suggestion] Class Combination: Light Assault - Combat Medic

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Corezer, May 22, 2013.

1. Corezer

Ive thought about this one for a while. It started with an outfit mate mentioning that instead of giving LA a tool, they could have the Nano Regen Device as an "F" key ability. This would augment the medic by creating a more mobile class to give healing on different parts of the line and in areas hard to get to by foot due to enemy breach or what have you. Meanwhile the medic would still be viable as a fighter with the assualt rifle, and a boon with the ability to revive. LA would get some survivability in medium range fights (although not as good at any range as a shield, a little "lighter" duty) and the ability to bring some healing to the fight would make them a more viable team selection.

I started evolving the idea as I thought about it more:

Give LA the NRD, revive nades (instead of smoke) and the med app, give heavy assault rifles (cept the GR22, TRV and Hydra, too much DPS on top of shields), as well as a new utility item Nanite Emitter Post (sort of like a healing totem), get rid of the medic.

Now you have Assault Medic and the Heavy Assault gets a splash of healing for defense as well as a long range tool.

It might be just crazy enough to work!
    • Up x 1
  2. ArcKnight

personally id prefer adding the engineer into your equation but SOE will never go through with it
  3. Wolfwood82

I'd say give the LA the ARs, not the heavies.

However I kinda like that idea. It won't be done, but it's another one of those "Had they thought about it just a little harder, they would have realized that this is the way it should have been in the first place" things.