Christ will you sort these hackers out, we will start to lose pop.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Turtlesandwich, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Turtlesandwich

If we don't get a grip on these hacker the pop will start to fall away.
  2. FLHuk

• Up x 4
  3. Botji

Personally I think the devs should put out a prompt that pops up when people spawn in where it informs the player of the above because it seems to be a tiny tiny part of the community that is aware of it. Just add a box "Dont show me this again" but show it at least once to everyone.

Then they should just FIX their report button to kindly ask the player to send it to the relevant email for a speedy resolution because they are migrating the support or whatever reason if any they want to give.
    • Up x 1
  4. RabidIBM

The history I've been told is that this game used to have an automatic system to detect cheaters, but it got taken offline when some mlg types were able to trigger it without cheating.
  5. JustGotSuspended

No battleeye still exists. It's just they had to adjust the requirements to issue bans, because a few woke people in the community decided it would be cool to make new characters and grind out absurd stats to see if they could be banned - which they did - and then proceeded to show how unfair the system was for banning legit players.

In a sense, they aren't wrong, imagine if in the middle of your amazing killstreak you just get banned. However the downside of this is that battleeye will only ban people who have modified game files (the hitbox I think) and no longer considers stats (from what I understand). You can bypass battleye anyways.

This means banning cheaters will mostly rely on mods, and you need to either email cheater@planetside.com or create a cs ticket from the daybreak website. They're super quick and ban usually within the hour, I don't think I've ever seen a "hacker" last more than a day. Keep in mind they can spam create new accounts, since the game is f2p.

Overall it's not like there are many cheaters anyways, and the few that occasionally pop up are dealt with quickly so it's all good. Probably the only thing dbg does well.
    • Up x 1
  6. RabidIBM

I mean, if the thing was handing out unfair bans then they could still run the detection side of it but not give it the ability to ban people. It could simply flag a mod to check someone out and see if they are cheating.
  7. BlackFox

Paired with the number of tickets created with the ingame tool that contain that name
  8. Bonemiser

It's honestly mental how bad they're willing to let things be on SolTech and Connery. It's honestly this game's biggest blemish IMO.
  9. LordAnnihilator

Whats most infuriating is that we've recieved no commentary that this is in any way being worked on. I get that they are currently focused on finishing the unfinished parts of NSO, but at least an indication they're going to work on this would be nice.
    • Up x 5
  10. Botji

Saw a flying Sunderer with probably the most insulting name they could come up with for the character, considered reporting it but im not about to save a video recording, edit it(since it captures the last 10 minutes), go look up the email, login to my own email an then send them a report while im playing.

Only saw it the once so perhaps it was noticed or reported by someone else.
    Point is that reporting a cheater shouldnt 'punish' the legit players wanting to report it by making it a bother on purpose, to cut down on the number of bad/false reports they get because you have to be really sure and bothered by a cheater to bother sending a correct report in the first place.
  11. ObiVanuKenobi

Correct.
    They added a stat based ban system but some people triggered it (intentionally) on new characters without any cheats so Daybreak removed it.
    A year later they added Battleye which ignores stats.
    Imo they should've tweaked the stat ban system to be more lenient instead of completely removing it but oh well...
    • Up x 3
  12. FrontenStuermer

Todfay we had vanu cheater.
    Could shoot through walls and killed mass of players in respawn room.
    This sucks really and i think to stop playing this game.
    Its not the first cheater i meet in the last day so it seems possible and it destroys my fun.
  13. FrontenStuermer

Hopefully they will bann them, wrote a mail to the specified address.
  14. Atorum

Blatant cheaters aren't the problem, they are easy to report and ban. What concerns me are the "pro" players that always know where you are, the ones that tweak their aimbot so it doesn't seem suspicious, guys that are are way too good, those are the problematic ones and they ruin the game and VS is full of them.
    • Up x 8
  15. FrontenStuermer

Thats my feeling.
    They kill me from a distance with 2 shoots where i think, not really possible or lucky headshoot but i have this each day multiple times.
    It feels like 30% are cheating.
    I know you can kill instantly with headshoot but so many enemys playing like they know where you are and where ask myself if if this is a cheat or not.
    You can play with minimap but i have the feeling this game has a huge bunch of cheater.
    A Wallhack is enough to this where some one is but i am sure enough are using aimbots because the hitrange from their distance is extremely perfect.

Search with google for planetside 2 hacks and you find a huge bunch of it and willing players to use it.
    This is a shame to every game and i spend a lot of money in this game, playing fair.
    Seems to say good bay to this cheating game.
  16. WinterAero

Obviously things vary. Especially with timezones, time of year, day, event type and so on. You can get a huge battle that would have at one point masked alot of it (more risk of report vs being able to blame the internet) but time moves on.

Although when I did play the game, I was often suspicious; I was having too much fun (rarer encounters and active outfit) to really worry all that much. But as people disappeared - I'd meet them in other places/games and came across so many who I'd enjoyed playing with (often alert leaders with voice comms) who had more credible experience and proof. After a while, listening to them citing reasons for leaving such as; eventually getting invited to a 'pro' outfit - just to be offered software....and worse. Well it opens your eyes to how accepting the community are at large or have been over the years. You just had to be in the know.

It was easy for many who did cheat to say 'nobody really does' 'or those are the exceptions' - you'd even have those exclusively blaming the internet of the person, or 'tricks and experience' as to how as you've mentioned; they always seem to have ESP. Always the right return fire angle - always able to take enough damage to outlast you. Always knowing where you'll come from.

These things add up over time. As does you coming across players who suspiciously were no longer good for 1-2 days after a patch would hit. They either wouldn't play - or somehow went from two shot/180 instant flinch responses; to something much closer to the average you encounter from normal players.

It dawned on me then of course that no matter how skilled you are; you can't constantly get someones direction and elevation right. Even if there is lag and on their screen they have already turned around - you firing at them, causing them to react; would have to have happened first. Or then what are they responding to? Apply a little common sense and you spot it more and more. People with what would essentially be beyond normal luck or aim.

And thats not to say that there weren't good players in the game. There certainly were. But that was clearly rapidly replaced as the community shrank by those who thought they'd die a little less and win a little more. After all - if they are killing so quickly, how do you think they fare against each other?

Hah. And that last point - hacker vs hacker, is the most amusing thing to watch when you've seen the posted conversation on a hack site. Trying to avoid admitting to each other that they use tools. But then one saying 'look bro I know you must be - because I am as well''.

My advice if you intend to play this game in its twilight, is take it with a pinch of salt. To keep ahead - many will of course be boosting. They want to save face and their K.D.

People once said I was exaggerating. Then I bumped into Halo and a few others in Hydra. Noted their styles. Even won a few pistol duels and sniper fights. The community said 'yeah those guys are fairly good'. So I guess I can't have been that clueless in the end. But cest la vie, I've moved on. I just get nosey once in a while lol. See if Wrel has killed it.

Don't feel bad about dying in the game. It granted never mattered much; but these days - cheaters are way more common than you are told. Mostly because people need to feel good about skills they don't have. So don't sweat it. Skill stopped mattering here years ago.
  17. OgreMarkX

Connery has an outfit that clearly exploits and/or uses cheats. It doesn't help that many other Connery players make excuses for them.

Nothing will get done. Why?

1. It's hard for game companies to keep up, let alone with few resources. Real empathy here.
    2. It's not profitable to keep up as long as players don't leave the game, and when they do leave, it's too late.
    3. It's not possible to keep up when you're dreaming up cool things for Vanu and more ways to centrally plan the playstyle of every single player.

Also, n.b. there used to be a dev at DBG who played VS on Connery and was known for exploits and other fun things. I saw him inside an opposing factions spawn room once, with his VS outfit, gunning down other faction players before they even rendered in. Quality professionals.
    • Up x 2
  18. JustGotSuspended

Yeah man players that cheat so subtly they seem like skilled vets are just absurdly annoying to deal with. They tweak their hacks to appear so believably legit it's almost like...they're legit skilled players. LOL ofc they aren't, because no one can be more skilled than me but geez.

Yeah hopefully they find ways to deal with these "hackerz".
  19. MEGANOLD

Literally every month or week or so I will see hackers. Just recently as of this time I noticed 2 fricken hackers in my own team playing VS on Connery. I just saw one guy flew up and fly like god mode. This is super infuriating cause I got killed by a Light Assault shooting through walls and etc. flying all over the map. We'll definitely loose player population because of this. Just look what happened to Titanfall games.
  20. FrontenStuermer

Thats the problem, i hate cheater like hell and they destroying my fun.
    Furthermore if daybreak is not able to guard his game against cheater this game is not worth to play anymore.
    I played counterstrike and other games at a high level so i dont say every good shooting person is a cheater but
    yesterday i was in a room and an enemy came from above (1 etage higher and couldnt see me, was stealth not moving)
    and he had and shoot to me as i was visible.
    This sucks so hard.