Cheese

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by SQPD, Dec 17, 2015.

1. SQPD

We discuss the debated topic of cheese here. Post some of the cheesy parts of the game.
    Such as: Shotguns, monetization, full auto, heavies.
  2. Moridin6

inb4 .75 ads
  3. TheFlamingLemon

I don't see how the first three are cheesy. Heavies I can agree with.

Also how about claymores, scatmaxes, gatekeepers, ravens, and whatever the VS has (I don't feel authorized to speak on that, except that no bullet-drop isn't truly an advantage.)

Also, basically the entire ****** way A->G and G->A is done.
    • Up x 1
  4. Azawarau

Other than heavies i dont agree
    • Up x 1
  5. Iridar51

6. SQPD

Whoever came up with the term scrub was high. The word scrub just doesn't fit with the definition.
    Changed my views for sure.
    • Up x 1
  7. Moridin6

scrub, for me, means someone doing bad, so bad, as to be equated to someone down on their hands and knees scrubbing the floor, as opposed, presumably, to someone not doing dirty labor, but being "above" that person
    vanu scrub all the time. not holding points, not preparing defenses, hiding in the spawn room, etc..
    granted its a cross faction issue, but for a while there it seemed like vanu's new " thing "
    Cinderella mfkrs
  8. Scr1nRusher

American

Brie

Blue
    • Up x 1
  9. Moridin6

romano ftw
    and also pepperjack
    • Up x 1
  10. Scr1nRusher

Pepper jack........... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'm getting hungry.
  11. ViXeN

I can't say much about the current game yet but last time I played the rocket-spam and tank zergs were pretty cheesy to me.
  12. Iridar51

Who cares about definition? You ask people what "cheese" means, each will have own opinion.

Can use word "scrub", can use "orange picadillo", meaning won't change.

Out of all things to disagree with, word choice makes the least sense =\
  13. Moridin6

the word has been Clearly defined ,,
  14. Gundem

Shotgun's ain't cheesy mate, not by a long shot.

While I'd love to go on a long-winded tirade about exactly why they aren't, I have an actual life and actually need sleep.

Stupid ******* real life, quit getting in the way of my planetmans life!
    • Up x 3
  15. Pelojian

Cheese is anything i don't like used against me, but i have no problem using it on the other dude.

If i were in charge of all dictionary definitions that would be the definition of cheese.
  16. Jubikus

Ravens, Betelgeuse, Lancer, Airhammer, Prowler, Claymore, Just a few things off the top of my head that just statistically perform a fair bit better than their counterparts i know theres more but i cant think of them right now. Granted Cheese usually means anything that ends your life very abruptly making you feel like you couldnt do anything like HE, A2G , Certain shotguns, rocket primary, C4 that kind of stuff.
  17. Obscura

:mad:

As far as I'm concerned, you all just copied my playstyle and made the class cheesey lol.

I've had my name since beta too, which is coincidentally when I figured out HA was the best infantry class.
  18. orangejedi829

Don't agree with any of the OP's list. But
    How about A2G ESFs that can kill infantry, AA MAXes, and Main Battle Tanks with a single loadout?
    Also:
    Claymores, definitely.
    AI MAXes
    Invisible men with SMGs

Don't get me wrong, I'm a pretty great SMG infil myself, not too bad with an AI MAX, and would totally use claymores all the time if I were TR. But I won't deny that those things are cheesy as hell.
    A2G ESFs I just can't stand at all.
    • Up x 1
  19. Moz

The three i underlined, please elaborate?
    • Up x 1
  20. Demigan

The guy there assumes a lot. Such as the fact that there is a counter to an overpowering tactic. He thinks that there is a balance to be found that can handle any cheesy tactic. The fact that one tactic might be just as easy as other weapons and tactics in it's category, but with much more power and the counter requires you to open yourself up to another (maybe even cheesier) tactic or requires much more effort than the tactic it's trying to counter or isn't a proper counter at all.

Ofcourse, many games do have something like that. Many MOBA's have some champion that has much more power in the meta of the game. After a month or two of this someone has found a new champion that can counter the previous cheese champion and other players learned as well. Then a counter comes to him etc. But the guy who wrote that scrub thing assumes that this is always the case.
    He also argues that in fighting games most players use an intricate mashup of simple moves as tactics and counter tactics and counter-counter tactics, and that more difficult moves often don't have a place in tournaments. So basically he says that all the difficult things players can do should not have to be rewarded and that a very large portion of the game does not have to be playable at all and could just as well be removed.

pun intended? XD
    I agree, shotguns aren't cheese. You need a ton of situational awareness, knowledge of the area (paths to move through, likely spots to get ambushed/ambush, places where you don't want to get caught because of the distance your enemy will have on you etc) and great aim (it's a CQC sniper: you don't hit properly and your enemy can already outdamage you).
    And you need to do all that only to have a tiny bit of extra firepower in CQC and the chance of a OHK which is valuable because your enemy can hardly fight back if you succeed. Problem is that other weapons can also kill you before the first hitmarker arrives on your screen from farther distances than a shotgun.
    Which means that the only advantage a shotgun has, after having to do much more to get his enemy at a proper distance, is a huge amount of damage per magazine compared to all non-LMG weapons.
    Same goes for the air-hammer by the way. I still haven't seen any good reason why that thing is out of proportions powerful than the PPA or Banshee (Banshee needs some love btw), basically people say "it can OHK", well what did you expect? It's an aircraft-mounted shotgun, why would it not OHK if infantry-worn shotguns can already do it? And people again like to ignore the higher danger an AH puts you in by flying closer to your targets, increasing the risk of dumbfire, flak, lock-ons and more importantly other aircraft attacking while you are in less position to get away.
    • Up x 4