[Suggestion] Cheating Needs Looked At!!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Tumdaydar, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Tumdaydar

Hello everyone and hope you all have had a good weekend so far. I know for a fact that lots of players i have been fighting are cheating and i cant do anything to get rid of them. You need a way to let us report everyone we know is cheating becosue i have seen lots of cheaters this weekend. The most comen cheater is the lag-switcher or one who is saying they just have masive lag but they blink all around the map so how is this fair to anyone leting them ruin the game for everyone and forcing everyone new to the game to leave. For this next one i cant tell if this is cheating or just lag or what but if i use my snipers and i hit anyone in the head with 4 rounds minuse the max they should be killed but they still take no damage from me and laugh and say something like your trash. If i hit anyone with a sniper like the ghost in the head 4 times they should just die. I am not geting why the shots are regisering but the damage is not and for me it does feel like its someone cheating or a group of cheater and its breacking your code. You need to fix this fast and for the honor of your game start banning the cheater so everyone can have fun in your game and not just say we have peps playing we good becosue the indorcment of cheating is starting to kill your game.
  2. iller

I don't think they have the INVESTIGATION resources, honestly.

Anything that their worthless so called anticheat scanner can't pick up, will just be ignored from now on b/c they probably didn't even allot themselves the proper tools (or even STAFFING anymore) to spectate these long time players who've realized the only way to beat the other tryhards is to employ their same "subtle" advantages to even up the playing field again while us Casuals also get caught in the crossfire b/c those programs have no conscious to just turn itself "off" when a Normie or sub 2.0 KDR player is in range.

And if I could be even More blunt about it.... What do you expect? It's an OLD MMO at this point that isn't just outright WalletRaping its users like more recent korean MMO's and "GAMES as a SERVICE" console Shlooters are. We have to be honest with ourselves and admit even with the Cert grind, nothing "Power"-wise or "Content-wise" is really gated off from the free 2 player while this game probably has a lot less "Whales" than more recent MMO's that push the "Conversion Rate" super duper grimey slimey hard (lookin' at you, BDO).

But I'll keep repeating this: Their Solution?... is to copy STEAM by just getting a barebones server-side "Demo" recording download option into the game that players can go back and watch offline to do their own frame by frame break down to pinpoint exactly where the cheating is happening so that you would need less paid GM's to investigate each reported player.
  3. Tumdaydar

That would be a start in the right direction I will have to admit that. You say this is old but look at the old mmorpg dbg has right now its been around for 25+ years and almost no cheaters. Why would i hold one game differant from another when they are by the same compay right now? Dont get me wrong here all i mainly do is point out the facts so they can be looked at and be structered in a way to make the game come into a better state and inprove the over all game for everyone and keep more players in the game.