Character wipe, but name is still in the database.

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by MacG32, Apr 16, 2013.

1. MacG32

My characters have been wiped and I expected that to happen. I've tried to use the same character name, but it says it's not available. It must still be in the database somewhere then. Can someone please fix this? Thank you.
  2. Worph

Same here.
  3. cc2001

I also think they may be taking up character slots.

For example I had two test characters before. I created a new one (since the original two are gone) and it shows two open slots. When I try to create a new 2nd one though, nothing happens.
  4. Craigr910

I'm in the same situation so looks like we will have to wait for SOE to fix this, I filed a support ticket earlier about it
  5. Ash87

Throwing in on this as well.

I mean, I know we should expect wipes, but is there any chance we can at least be able to get our names back?
  6. Traeonia

Same problem.
    Wipe = acceptable.
    Not being able to use the same name = not acceptable.

Back to the live servers until it is fixed I think.
  7. Worph

Most definitely I guess (they will be free again, that is). Its is probably just a bug, that the characters may not be available to you but still in the database somehow. Stuff like that happens with bigger databases. That's exactly why we have testservers.
  8. BillW

Actually, I can't create a character of any name. It just returns to the 3 empires screen.
  9. Zaik

new accounts can log in just fine bizarrely enough.
  10. DJStacy

same for me character wiped but cant use same name like before, can't have the same outfit name or TAG either.
    Since its a test server why cant we keep our own names and outfits ??.
    Makes testing easier if all your outfit can use the same names as the main game.
  11. cc2001

Curious if you had 3 characters before on the test server? Sounds similar to what I'm experiencing in which I can't create a 2nd and had 2 before.
  12. Qaz

same here
  13. Whiteagle

Yep, one for each Empire...

Guess this is punishment for trying to provide equal populations...
  14. cc2001

I'd try again, my original characters are now back along with the new one I created.

I don't think it was punishment either, it seems as if the game recognized the characters weren't truly deleted even if you couldn't access them and counted them against your three allowable characters.
  15. Chicken Wings

It happened to me too. I was a sad koala bear.
  16. Ash87

They brought back my characters I had before this morning. I can now access the same chars I had yesterday.