Character Names can't be used on multiple Servers, Why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Dracnar, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Dracnar

Ok so first off I bought Alpha Squad and have my name Reserved so I know its not taken by someone else. I'm still not sure what Server I want to play on yet so I went to make placeholder characters on all the servers I might play on, but quickly found out for some odd reason a name can only be used once, why?

I'm picky about the names I use in Games and only have a few names I've ever come up with that I actually like, so if I decide I started on the wrong Server and later try to switch only to find out my name got jacked by someone else then I'll quickly lose the will to play as my character names mean alot to me. Especially since I used them in Planetside and the last month of PS2 Beta.

So are the names I used Unique to my Account, as in no one else can use them on other servers, or did you do this to stop people from making placeholders on multiple Servers that they may never play on?
  2. Sorbek

That's interesting and would like to know the answer as well. I like my name I have picked for myself.
  3. Sebulous

for easier future server mergers. People got pissed off when the letter X was added to the end of their name in PS1 when servers merged.
  4. St0mpy

I suspect its because there is only one login system with all the servers and soldiers behind it
  5. Fleabag

That. And perhaps because of future E-sports plans maybe.