[Suggestion] Changing the WDS Series.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RasFW, Feb 10, 2014.

1. RasFW

Like most of my other posts, I'll start by saying what I think is wrong with the game.

Zergs follow a lane for the biggest rewards.
    More points are awarded for attacking than defending.
    In most cases, defenders are not rewarded for proper defenses (the attackers don't touch the point).

I appreciate what SOE was trying to do by giving us WDS Contribution Points and reward camos and experience boosts - thats very much appreciated. But the way points are earned, this only enforces the zerg behavior. They'll ALWAYS go where the most points can be found and will ALWAYS opt to lose a 4 point base to capture a 3 point base.

Here's what I would do differently.

1) Split contribution points into Attack Contribution Points and Defense Contribution Points. Make them 500/500. Upon obtaining the 500 Attack or 500 defense points, you are awarded with the current prizes. Earn both 500 attack and 500 defense points and you are given a third prize. Of course, as you see fit you could make this 500/750 or whatever to emphasize attack and defense.

2) Defense points are awarded to players at 10 minute interval regardless of point touching as long as the following conditions are met:
    --There is an attacker present in the hex.
    --The hex is a front-line base (links to an enemy hex).
    --The attacker must be from the linked hex's empire.

3) You know how if a hex goes unflipped it gains more value for the 30 minute generations? Well, now it increases the cap timer, too. Lets say you have a 4 minute flip base. Every 30 minutes, it will increase by 30 seconds for up to what is it 5 hours? This means that the 4 minute base will increase to 6.5 minutes at maximum level - giving defenders more opportunity to reclaim the base and the attackers will have to spend more time for the point reward.

I hope SOE takes a look at this and considers a few of these ideas for WDS #3. As always, let me know what you guys think and how you would improve on it.
  2. RasFW

3. Corporate Thug

Nice effort, but falling on deaf ears. I would like for them to completely rework XP and how it's rewarded instead of resources, and let the WDS be a large fight zerg fest (the way it is now) instead of everyday gameplay.