[Suggestion] Change the loading screens already :p

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by RainbowDash9, Sep 30, 2015.

1. RainbowDash9

**** NC. lol replace it with one with all factions in focus. that and give us the ps4 loading screens, after two years of seeing the same pictures over and over again i think its time for a change.
    • Up x 8
  2. S7ntheR

They have the pictures, I'm sure adding more types of loading screens wouldn't be an issue.
  3. PWGuy93

I've said the same on many posts over the years... Rotate the emphasized factions !
  4. TheFlamingLemon

I wouldn't mind having advertisements on the loading screens, possibly with DBC rewards for ads you watch. Preferably this would be a setting that could be turned off by all, including free, players, and would be incentivized simply by gaining 2-5 DBC per loading screen. Also, the ads would have to be non-invasive. Short ads that can be skipped once the load is over.
  5. Pikachu

NC master race ftw! F*** vanu. :D

A loadibg screen that need change is that of Indar desert. It used to have its own but then it was replaced with that of the grasslands. :confused:

Also the ones for Koltyr are still screenshots from when it had Nexus skyfile. Just look how blue they are. Not matching the light orange lighting.
    • Up x 1
  6. RainbowDash9

boi dis aint no mobile game
  7. Shiaari

You've been playing way too much Candy Crush!
  8. Sovereign533

I would hazard a guess that either the coding time to alter the loading screen. Would waste precious coder time (and they already lack coders on the important game mechanics).
    Or lack dev time to manually change the loading screen.

But that's my guess.
  9. AlterEgo

Here's my loading screen idea:

The old loading screen before the NC one should be brought back. This will be the faction-neutral loading screen.

Upon choosing your faction, however, you ONLY see loading screens that favor your faction. There could be three to start with, and an additional one every month or so. The idea is to expose you only to crap that make people say, "Wow, my faction is better than everyone else's, I should stick to it." That way, faction loyalty is achieved in some forms and we actually get loading screens that don't show the Lego faction as the good guys.
    • Up x 3
  10. Campagne

Definitely, if only to keep all the clueless nubs that join from weighing NC down so much. :p
  11. TheFlamingLemon

It's not invasive and it supports the developers. I would like to at least have an option to allow ads on loading screens.
  12. Takara

Fixed your post....you can stare at that for awhile if ya like....because I am often enjoying my games and shows and think....man you know what I need right now? Commercials...and the ability to annoy all my friends and family by inviting them all to play three times a week.
  13. Shiaari

Ugh, if you want to support the devs then subscribe to the game. Allowing ads doesn't in of itself mean it'll generate revenue. People must actually click on those ads. So, even if you had an option--and generously allowed--ads in your game, they would only get anything if you clicked on them, and even then only a few cents per click.

Just give them money. :confused:
  14. BurntMyWater

I concur. I want loading screens specific to the faction I'm logged into. If I'm playing TR, I want to see TR bears with chainguns and commissar hats order and discipline. If I'm playing NC I want to see shotguns. Nothing but shotguns everywhere bold NC rebels fighting for freedom. If I'm playing Vanu I want to see a shot of the female VS infil's booty their technological superiority.
    • Up x 2
  15. RainbowDash9

actually now that i think about it, why not redo the entire main menu? its kinda old, and could use a refresher. nothing makes a game feel fresh like a new main menu. maybe like a blurred recording of a big battle (without the sounds) with your characters in the foreground. then if you were to make a new character, when you clicked on a faction, theirs a description of the faction, and in the background is a video of all the faction specific stuff in use (reavers, vanguards, stuff like that) i think itd go a long way to make a specific faciton more enticing compared to just a description and a model of a soldier.
  16. Movoza

Although I agree about the changing, I have to say this... Have you looked deeper at the picture?
    I see a Vanu getting shot! 5 points for NC. But... They are obviously fleeing. Fleeing the destruction of the biolab behind them. Fleeing is a bad thing, as well as carrying the wounded soldier. Are they forgetting that they can simply respawn? They tie up valuable resources for no good reason. And fleeing. -15 points NC.
    And the biolab. It always looks like NC to me. It is a -100 points right there. Letting it be destroyed is unforgivable. No NC poster here! But I have to say it could be infiltrated by the NC too l, rewarding them and making this a real NC poster. Still, the doubt would earn this 0 points either way.
    On the right, a TR got the drop on the NC. He could block it, but still earns a -1 point.
    Behind them we see a mossie about to do an awesome manoeuvre, which earns a point. A mossie after a reaver, earning 5 points for the TR.
    For the rest we see fleeing reavers and galaxies, and one Scythe doing an awesome manoeuvre.
    I ask you, besides one Vanu getting shot by the NC: where is the NC propaganda? How and why is this an NC poster?
    For me it looks like just a NC defeat. Objectively there is nothing clear to say about it except fleeing and one kill.
  17. RainbowDash9

still centered on NC either way. BAM MIND BLOWN lol
  18. Movoza

I agreed to that. So not the point. The point was that it isn't an NC promotional thing, like the well crafted TR one. It is in full assault with a tech plant under serious attack while the VS and NC are in full swing for counter attacks.
    http://i.imgur.com/DlxUNwR.jpg
  19. TheFlamingLemon

You would have the option to turn it off. If a person doesn't have the money for DBC, turning on ads would be an alternative. If you don't want ads, turn them off.
  20. TheFlamingLemon

Thanks for the images. I think when I'm loading it would actually be very preferable to see that than to see an ad than to see one of the same images I've been seeing for a year and a half again. Once again, it would be an OPTIONAL way to passively earn DBC and support the developers without paying money.