[Suggestion] Cert Sink Attachments

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by CrimsonEpsilon, Oct 30, 2016.

1. CrimsonEpsilon

Hey guys, just a rough idea for the problem with veterans having too many certs.

The little pitch is just have attachment variants to the ones we already have. So reskin some foregrips in certain ways that would make them unique to the factions. Just make them more expensive, a sort of... Progression for attachments. Similar to the way armor variants are with DBG. Except these ones would be done with certs and DBG.

I have no clue what the cost for attachments would be, but it still should be a lot more expensive then the normal variants.
  2. breeje

i never would pay or use certs for a attachment with a different color or look
    only if it gives me a upgrade to the previous one, and that would make them OP and pay to win
  3. LaughingDead

I want a flash hider for my sniper rifle.

Also a barrel for my pistol that gives an audio track "you got rekt m8" whenever I kill someone with the flare gun.
  4. D.M.B.-681

Can i have a bipod for my knife?
  5. FieldMarshall

I wouldnt mind spending 1000 certs for an attachment that only gave a different firing sound.
  6. Diggsano

Remember the Loser Flute from Spongebob?
  7. FateJH

In terms of progression: the game used to support a normal Foregrip and an Advanced Foregrip as well as a normal Laser Sight and an Advanced Laser Sight that had improvement handling over the normal model. You unlocked the normal one and then, if it was available for that weapon, the "Advanced" one. Through popular appeal by the users, SOE agreed to squash them into a single attachment of their type with the benefit of the "Advanced" version. In a related way, way back when, a player used to have to unlock weapon optics sequentially in order to acquire higher level optics, e.g., 1x --> 2x --> 3.4x, like that. Disentangling this cert tree was also met with accolades.

I think, instead of "progression," the word you were looking for is "customization."