Cert Refunds

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Neopopulas, Jan 17, 2013.

1. Neopopulas

I've seen these around the place but they are all kinda old, so i was wondering if i could get anyone else's opinions on this?

Being just.. well silly i guess, and not thinking, i bought a bunch of stuff i'll probably never use, mostly things for the Suit slot. I mostly end up just using the munitions slot on my heavy, but i bought like, shield upgrade and armour upgrade and stuff like that, a few of them. Now they aren't horribly expensive, but it adds up to a bit, and chances are i'll never use them, especially when they are all at such low levels, one is about as good as the other, so there is no reason for me to have all four of them.

It probably only adds up to 100 certs or so, probably less, and i'd be willing to burn SC on it as well, it just annoys me that i have these things that i'll never use, wasted points. Is a Cert refund really all that bad of a thing?
  2. Istrebljivach

They could add some way to slowly refund wrong/unwanted picks on reasonable rate.
  3. Fallout10mm

I'd say beable to decert one item per week, (weapons would have a seperate two week-month cooldown). That would help the bigger purchases hurt less if you get screwed (like I really hate my prowler HE rounds now) without letting everyone recert thier whole account the same day.
  4. illgot

They should just sell a recert option in their cash shop.

It doesn't change the game much and brings in a lot of revenue for Sony.
    • Up x 1
  5. Neopopulas

I can't imagine it would change the game at ALL. Even if you could completely recert once a week, i doubt it would change much at all. I mean, think about it, what would it change? Some guys loadout is different than before, a guy you will probably never meet again. is it better? maybe, because maybe he spends more certs on something, but he has less of something else. He still has the same amount of certs he always had, its just spent on different things.

The only thing i could think it would do it solve some of the hurt you get through growing pains. When you're leveling up, sometimes things seem like a good idea, but then you look back and you think 'i never ever use this weapon' or 'i bought these suit upgrades but i don't even play that class anymore'. So all it would do is allow you to better define what you want out of your class(es) instead of having a scattering of things you tried out along the way.
  6. Slyguy65

They need to allow respeccing

AND THE FIRST RESPEC SHOULD BE FREE!!!!!

They gave the community no instruction whatsoever, no idea of what each of these traits really helped with no way to see examples.

If they really ask for money on the first respec, Think ima just quit...it would be too much of a cash grab overload.
  7. Neopopulas

Thats sort of my problem exactly. Sure looking back, it makes sense, but i was just looking around in Certs, and i saw all these things, the suit things, so i bought a few a low levels, only to fine out i can only use one at a time, and at low level they're kinda pointless. I just end up using the munitions belt anyway.

Its hard to know how good they are at low level as well, and how good they are in practice, is (i think) 12.5 health good, or not? I dunno.. but then i have to actually test it, only to find out its pointless.. If it had given me some more idea how useful it was, maybe it'd be better.

And got forbid you buy a 1000 point gun, or vehicle cert or something only to find out you don't use it or it doesn't work how you want or something. It just seems like a small thing that would make people happier and give them more option to play the way they want, and pretty much zero effect on anyone else. (and revenue for SOE, really. I'd pay up to 100SC for a total cert refund.)
  8. Crazy Airborne

the only arguement Ive ever seen to this is "everyone would respec into the current OP setup every patch" so basically, the naysayers think everyone will automatically respec into whatever is the current "cool OP setup" i disagree. and I think there are tons of ways to make this not possible. like the slowly be able to respec idea. any thing is better than nothing.
  9. wrenched

I must have 2000certs tied up in things I don't use

And..

I don't give a ****. They're a free resource I get just by playing the game.
  10. MisterBond

I probably have about 3000-4000 certs over my career tied up in bad choices etc, stuff I would like to refund and use elsewhere

This latest patch nerfing the bejebus out of all the air vehicles, that's a LOT of certs I would like to spend elsewhere
  11. Geekker

This is a really old discussion. So old that Matt Higby already commented on that topic in his post launch interview.

Skip to 12:34 to get your answer:
  12. lovepack

Though I think the most recent nerf to air most specifically to libs was warranted I would like to reinvest my some 2.5k cert points I had in libs. I prefer ground, as much fun as flying a lib was, when large changes come around it would be nice to drop those certs as I will likely no longer be using. Either have it cost SC or make it a slow process like in PS 1 and have it unlearn over time or even have it require 750 of each of the resources with a timer. I don't know but there has to be a middle ground somewhere that allows for a little bit a leeway when larges changes are made.

Edit* Just watched the video, thanks
  13. hostilechild

They could probably make 6months worth of salaries with a shop purchaseable re-cert option.

Even playing beta, i still have a few things i don't like or dont' use after using them a while. Lot of things are different and keep changing weekly.
  14. pR4cs

I think you should have an option to have all your certs refunded whenever a vehicle/weapon gets tweaked in a patch
  15. Wibin

I've got atleast 400 wasted points myself I'd love to spend on other things.

No way to try scopes, and seeing as they dont work for everything, its wasted points trying to find one I like.

Buying upgrades that dont stack so wasted points there.

blah blah blah.

Give every player a 1 time only re-cert.

Nuf said.