[Suggestion] cert refund for HA shields

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DooDooBreff, Dec 24, 2015.

1. DooDooBreff

the proposed changes indicate a drastic change to HA shields. Will there be/should the be a cert reimbursement for the heavily invested player?
    • Up x 2
  2. oTec

Most companies are allergic to the word "refund", even if it is only ingame currency. Highly doubt it.
    • Up x 1
  3. Fusionshadow

You seem to be throwing a temper tantrum because they are finally moving towards making HA a balanced class. This change is a good thing for the health of the game. It moves gameplay closer to being skill based rather than PressFtoWin based. The class still identifies as Heavy due to carrying a heavy LMG, a heavy rocket launcher, and a pistol. They are just moving towards making it a little less brain-dead, which means a higher skill cap for the game overall.
    • Up x 3
  4. XanIves

They did a full refund for all vehicle optics when they changed the purchase model for them.
    • Up x 1
  5. Iridar51

The core functionality of shields remains the same. If it was a redesign, it would be resonable to expect a cert refund, as they did refund nanoweave after its rework.

But since they are just balancing changes, I don't think any refunds will happen.
    • Up x 6
  6. Mootar

They refunded ZOE certs after much needed nerfs/balancing changes, just sayin.
  7. Hipshot27

Where are these changes posted? Link please?
  8. Demigan

Those weren't balancing changes or nerf, those were nukes on the ZOE's stats flipping it from OP to "why would you want to paint a target on your back?"
    • Up x 1
  9. Azawarau

Didnt you already make a thread for this?
  10. Garrum

No refunds.

They should probably also charge you an additional 20% certs for simply having certed HA shields.
    • Up x 4
  11. The Rogue Wolf

12. customer548

Adapt.
    • Up x 1
  13. DooDooBreff

no, but it seems you may need to work on that reading comprehension
  14. WeRelic

You want them to refund you on Live, for changes they made to PTS? :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  15. Azawarau

It was locked earlier

You shouldnt pick on people that way when youre doing the same thing
  16. DooDooBreff

that reading comp tho.... i want to say that im sorry that you dont get it, but im not
  17. Azawarau

Feel free to spell it out for me if you like
  18. zaspacer

I do not believe PS2 has a Cert/SC refund in place for changed items.

I think there *should* be a Cert refund (even if just a limited time or partial amount) procedure in place for changed items. There are many reasons for it (better customer purchasing experience [customer confidence to buy more without getting burned], less customer frustration from changes, etc.). But SOE/DBG have always been "creative yet conceptually stunted" Nin the creation of their systems.
  19. Imperial Sect

No they shouldn't be. We got good use out of them.
    • Up x 1
  20. toast2250

True, its an unfortunate fact. Last thoughts before the twinkie (shield) gets turned in to a giant glowing duke.

Cert refunding becomes of little significance when most are already stuffed with them.

The mesh generator is still a go to for an average, what else are you going to run?
    I cant see using resist shield unless i am able to see into future.
    I cant use adrenaline shield because im not mlg leet enough.