Cert Point "Reset"?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TokyoShoe, Nov 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TokyoShoe

I really say that should give you some option of a one time Certification Point Respec for a character, because I am finding TONS of screw ups in the Engineer certification trees that's making me regret points invested in stuff. Would be supremely keen to be able to reshuffle / respend those points.
  2. Sehk

/Agree, the certification trees doesnt give a good explanation about some upgrades, you buy them and then ur busted.. an option to respec at the cost of 5 certification points would be nice..
  3. Sowahka

I'd pay money for respec "tickets" that reset all cert points.
    • Up x 1
  4. DaninTexas

Is there a limit to them or something? I thought they were limitless. If there is no limit to them - why have a respec?
  5. Tooks

Certing 1000 certs into a badly described cert that is either useless or doesn't work how you'd think is a bummer considering how long that takes to achieve.

P.s. It'd be cool if you got one free recert and the option to pay real money for more.
    • Up x 1
  6. somerandom18

6 month or yearly cert refund ftw?
  7. titan253

Because why keep certs invested in upgrades you never use? Being able to re-cert would allow you to hone your character after many hours spent figuring out what the best path is for your character and what upgrades are most useful

I think a percentage system like in World of Tanks would woek well, i.e. a free re-cert would net you 60% of your earned certs and some additional amount of SC will give you 100%
    • Up x 1
  8. Trof

There is already a thread about this, however Higby said that a form of re-cert and try before commit cert is coming in the future
  9. xtoph

Not trying to be a a-s-s but do some research before you spend a ton of certs. Open google and search the stuff to see if it is a waste of time and then we wont have this problem anymore. I wish there was a better preview mode but it is what it is for now gotta get used to it.
  10. DaninTexas

That is kinda my argument as well. I mean to my knowledge certs are unlimited. Why are there a set group of people want to have maxed out characters in the first month of gameplay? This is at the end of the day an MMO. You theoretically will be playing it for months/years. If the certs are unlimited - who cares. I can understand the frustration in spending a bunch of certs - I mean on one of my rifles I have I think nearly every scope there is for it. Just happened that way till I found the one I really liked. I don't expect a refund on something I don't like. I will just go out and earn more certs killing purple people.
  11. Tooks

Why is this relevant here? If you've maxed out everything a recert is kind of pointless is it not?
  12. DaninTexas

I guess I just don't understand complaining and wanting a recert. just go out and kill stuff - get more certs and spec out into something else you want.
  13. ImGladUmad

Good.....I can't wait to reset!

Will this effect guns purchased by certs as well?
  14. MrBloodworth

I believe Higby said recently there would possibly be a grace period so you can get the certs back. But with unlimited cert gain there is no reason to have full respecs.
  15. TokyoShoe

Some of us don't have the time to kill, maxing out our certs so fast. We treasure the few certs we do earn, and want to make sure we are sinking them into something that will not end up being a waste for us in the short term. We want each spent cert point to increase our effectiveness. At present I've got about 150 cert points I'd like back because they are in abilities that I never plan on increasing.

Also, if you've got a game designed in such a way that people have to go dig through Wikia websites (with bad / incomplete info) or YouTube videos (with bad / incomplete info) just to keep new players informed? You've got a real poorly designed game if you intend on having it appeal to a massive audience.
    • Up x 1
  16. MrBloodworth

Thats what SC is for.
  17. Playbizzle

This is a BAD idea its gonna completely drop the value of certification points. This is the whole point of games like this is to build your guy and yes we all make mistakes but there is no set limit of certs anyway. I will admit i will be one of the happiest to have this done I am rank 79 and i can get at the very least 4000 certs back but in all actuality this should not be something you can do in a game like this. SOE just cause the community ask for something you dont give it to them! Must keep the basic rules to the game. Like invisible flashes, really! Think a silencer on the muffler would have been cool along with stealth to be invisible but not literally invisible.
  18. efkeegan89

Im a husband and father who works at least 10 hours a day. Cert buy back or grace period would be great.
  19. NoInstructions

Talk to more experienced players to figure out what to cert. I'm not going to get into the reasons why this probably won't be implemented anytime soon (been talked about way too much) but 150 certs is nothing to be pissed off about. Once you play more 150 certs will mean nothing to you and a full respec will likely cost $20 if it is ever in game.
  20. Teoke

They could implement Cert-refunds for SC, but they'd have to make it quite expensive, like $60 worth of SC to discourage people from doing it too often.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.