Cat and Kaiju

Discussion in 'Light Assault' started by Corezer, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Corezer

Why I like LA

Of course, this will probably be used as evidence as to why LA is in good shape as a class, completely ignoring that all of these hiding spots can be reached by other classes, and there was no radar up and no dynamic insertion necessary...

Still, slingshotting in the beginning did take some pressure off from the clock, but I don't see such a situational advantage to justify the class' shortcomings, especially with the upcoming tank buffs making C4 essentially just a super cumbersome anti max weapon...
  2. Iridar51

I don't get it, you say "why I like LA", but this video barely has any LA in it, and the only time your position was not completely terrible is behind the window at 3:40.

In a situation like this - small fight with no one to cover your back and enemy can come from any direction - being anywhere inside cap building is a bad idea, because it has a bazillion entry points, and there is no way you can be covered from all angles.

Also, by giving enemy a chance to see you first you're giving him an advantage due to internet delay. By the time you see the enemy on your screen, you will be on his screen for good ~200-300 ms.

The only reason you survived for so long is luck, and that for some reason those BR40 enemies were playing like BR5 "Oh, I have a rocket launcher! Maybe I should use it in a random fashion!".

It's better to just wait outside and rush in when you see cap icon blinking, claiming the internet delay advantage for yourself, and not risking exposure to flanking attacks.

Bazillion is actually a recognized word o_O

EDIT: I don't mean to come off as an aggressive basher, just pointing out things that I think are mistakes.
  3. Corezer

You are absolutely right, as usual, and I would have if I had any idea where they were coming from, which is why I was jumping around the room at first waiting to see their entry point but I got stuck in place by the use of the recon dart.

I normally wait on the roof and come in from the stairs but the second guy came from there, so that left me the options of going so far out they would gain time on the timer which I couldn't afford to give, or just make the best of the room I could.

situation will always dictate, luckily I have a good set of 598s so I can just move somewhere more surprising based on footstep sounds.

between that and the vid being from 5am, and no, I haven't gone to bed yet lol