Carnage or NS11A

Discussion in 'Combat Medic' started by actionpark, Mar 26, 2015.

1. actionpark

Simple question. What would you prefer for allround combat?

Carnage AR (/w Forwardgrip + Compensator) or NS11A.

So far i've only used Carnage with ALS in CQC.
  2. _itg

I'd say the Carnage is the better all-rounder. The NS-11A is definitely lacking in CQC, thanks to its low DPS, but it's more accurate, which makes it a better long-range choice.
    • Up x 1
  3. Mikeel

Carnage is a brilliant weapon. Very versatile!
    Fairly good at mid-range and a beast in close-range. And this is honestly where most combat happens.
    By far my favorite assault rifle in the game.

Use it. Love it.
  4. PurpleRobe

Carnage with advanced laser sight and 1x reflex. No barrel attachment.
    NS-11A requires more skills to use so it's not all-round.
    Personal opinion: when it comes to all-round NC AR, I always think of Carnage. NC1 seems too unwieldy to be all-round (high recoil, bad hipfire).
  5. TheKhopesh

Both have their merrits, but personally I like the Carnage better.
    The NS-11A has virtually zero viability the closer toward you the battle drifts from medium range, and that's even accounting for when it's properly certed for closer ranges.

All in all though, my favorite NC assault rifle for versatility is the Reaper DMR.
    Personal preference on optics, laser sight, and your option of silencer or no barrel attachment.

This lets it be versatile for both CQC and ranged combat, thanks to it's high alpha damage (By the time notice you're hitting them, they're down some serious shielding/health!), and it's still fairly useful at range (though that takes some skill with burst fire to control).

It's certainly not for new players, but if you've got some good aim it'll chew into or through just about anything coming your way shy of a max suit.

(Hence my +2,100 kills with the weapon.;))
  6. Turiel =RL=

Carnage! No doubt about it!

Note: All NS-weapons are inferior, because their effective TTK is always worse than the empire-specific equivalent.
    • Up x 1
  7. ATRA_Wampa-One

Carnage.

The only faction that should be using the NS-11a is VS.