Cant wait for Cont locking mechanic

Discussion in 'Test Server: Discussion' started by RIctavius, May 20, 2014.

1. RIctavius

can you?

:)
    • Up x 3
  2. doombro

Yeah. I was really expecting a lot more. It seems like we're just going to get a very rough version of it where capping X amount of territory cuts off spawns on Y continent until condition N is met. That sounds a little boring, to be frank. Honestly, that should already be a thing locally (within continents). Why can people spawn in territory that is disconnected from the primary power source?

But, really. It's great that we're finally going to have the basic ability to actually achieve a strategic victory after a year and a half of nothing happening, but I was hoping for capturable warpgates, a world map, a clear vision of a global war in progress. The savior of Planetside 2 and all that. It's a fairly big let down given the grandeur presented by the original concept. I'm aware that they're pushing these things out in small phases and iterations, but I'm worried that we'll never see anything beyond the initial iterations. I would like to see continent locking in its final form in my lifetime; and more importantly the game's lifetime, which has been looking shorter and shorter as the biggest content gets pushed back further and further.

I so badly want to love this game as I have in the past, but there's not much left of it. :(
    • Up x 4
  3. Scure

4. RIctavius

5. vanu123

Please, VS on connery are at an all time low, we hit 24-25% pop for the entire server -__-, its pathetic, THERE NEEDS TO BE POP BALANCE.
  6. RIctavius

If you want flood control of population, sure make the suggestion - but I'm not waiting for another delay on the roadmap.
  7. Plunutsud pls

Is Hossin coming in June or not?
  8. Craftyman

Cry me a river, VS has been over populated on Connery since I joined the game 7-8 months ago. They won 90%+ of the alerts. It was even more hellish during the great Crab-pocalypse of 2013 where the VS fielded anywhere from 40-80% ZOE Maxes even when in open field battles. You had your day, let others play too.
  9. vanu123

You have to be joking right? We rarely ever peaked over 34% max, for the past 7 or 8 months we avg about 27-29% pop. In fact the only time where we did have anywhere close to over pop was july of last year. Sure ZOE OP, still is. lol. I mean an ability that buffs your damage, yet doesn't shorten the TTK on anything, meanwhile slowing down repair speed, increase the amount of damage you take by 30% and makes you as fast as a normal infantry player with a much bigger hitbox. Yep still OP as it used to be. Just because a lot of people use something, that DOESN'T MAKE IT OP!
    The only way I think you could see those numbers, is if you play at 2 am US time, because that is when Japan gets on while everyone else is sleeping.
  10. Craftyman

Sorry but no. Maybe you didn't play on Connery but VS would win every alert from 6pm to 8-10am the next day just based on ZOE alone. It wasn't just the 1337 2AM japanese cleanup crew either. At the start of an alert vanu pop would spike to 35+% and only get worse throughout, because the vanu always won. The crabs could not be stopped. I can't count the number of times I saw nothing but NC ground pounders going up against those hordes unholy fusings of crustacean and **** sapien.

Old ZOE on paper it sounds balanced, in practice and en masse it was incredibly broken because of a combination of terrible hit reg, massed forces, the advantages of being quick while being outside. And please quote me on where I said the current iteration is still OP, because it isn't, it's fine where it is now.
  11. Aesir

To be honest, I'm going to be disappointed, even before anything get's done, the fact that they started work ... now instead of like, 3 years ago during it's development is disappointing in of it self.

Not to mention that locking alone will change nothing, there are just not enough continents around, the pop is to low for it work, it's not the feature that will save PS2, been saying that since a long time, there are much more important and glaring issues at hand ...

There was a good discussion about this topic some time ago, I think pre PU02, even involving Malorn in the general discussion ... the discussed system needs way more conts to work, anything prior to that hitting will just be a stopgap solution, since sanctuaries will not make a comeback ...
    • Up x 1
  12. Doomzzg

[IMG]

Instead of real continent locking, we get another worthless alert type.
    • Up x 2
  13. RIctavius

That is a major fallacy, the alert is triggered so poor sods who don't know if Esamir or Amerish is about to get locked from their access get a chance to fight back, besides it seems Alerts do create more interest in the general disposition of players. So I'm sorry this a sorry excuse of a complaint.
    • Up x 1
  14. vanu123

My lvl 80 VS is on connery, we were part of the Helios merger. We had maybe 3-4 weeks where yes, we won several alerts, heck 3 or 4 were dominating victories. That was 9 or 11 months ago. Now at prime time we are lucky to have more than 28% whereas TR after the Briggs fiasco is at a solid 32-35 and NC is usually 33-37%. No its not fine where its at now, THERE IS NO SITUATION WHERE IT'S USABLE! In a straight up fight, you lose, for flanking charge is better, besides you are a bright bullseye that blinds yourself at night.... btw you can't even turn the darn thing off. At least w/ the other two abilities teamwork makes them at least somewhat situational, but the ZOE is so counter intuitive to the MAX that it makes it nearly impossible to use. End of rant, sorry
  15. TriumphantJelly

Miller: 25% Vanu all the way. We have that AAAAaaaaAAAaaaLLLlll day.
    • Up x 1
  16. Jaedrik

No! I can't wait! It's my game mechanic, and I NEED IT NOW!
  17. sindz

Yeah, will only take a year or more to get implemented.