[BUG] Can't Render Shield = Shield Doesn't Exist

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Neoxide, Dec 23, 2012.

1. Neoxide

Shields stop rendering at a certain distance. When shields don't render, they do not exist. Meaning aircraft such as ESF's and Libs can shoot into shielded areas if they are far enough away.

2. ForceM

Has happened to me too! I was in a lightning and just got obliterated by a Zepher behind our shield. And a good distance behind the shield btw!
  3. Catixie

And yet another reason why they should of pushed a patch for rendering issues rather than more weapons.

Good Job SoE money > gameplay
  4. bPostal

I haven't experienced this firsthand but if the aircraft is so far away the shields don't render, they wouldn't that mean that the infantry are not rendering either? And if I recall correctly, no render = no damage.
  5. Ghostfox

Another joy of client side hit detection.
  6. Ghostfox

Not always. Sometimes they just don't render or flicker in and out. You see this a lot at amp stations as the shields go up and down. When they are brought back up, sometimes only one renders for a bit so that you can shoot and pass through the unrendered side.