Can't even get into a battle...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Nuggz, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Nuggz

I log in and get shoved over to VR then queue up to join the ONE open continent but get stuck behind a HUGE queue with little to no hope of actually getting to play in any reasonable amount of time....

If you don't log on at just the right time it seems your chances of actually getting to play PS2 are pretty small...

What moron thought it was a good idea to have one open play space that cannot hold your max potential population?? Seems like a good way to drive away players who try to return or players who just don't have the patience for it anymore...Seems DBG WANTS people to quit...
    • Up x 2
  2. Kristan

Freebies must suffer. Wanna get through this? 15$/month. It's not that much.
  3. Icehole1999

I feel at a disadvantage because only 1 stray open continent ruins my day.
  4. Nuggz

I've already had months and months of subscription time... I'm not really keen on paying the subscription fee if I'm going to be that limited on where and when I can fight... Oh and FYI... paying members get stuck in queue, it isn't a fix-all...

Guess I'll just relegate this game to the pay to play pile and move on to greener pastures... Seems to be what DBG and the player base want, to have the player base shrink down to just the small # of paid accounts... after 1600+ hours of planetside 2, the only reason I still play is the fact that its free.
  5. LordKrelas

Population Balance que.
    There isn't actually enough people to open a second map.
    However there's too many on one-side, to let that side spawn more people.

This is your problem; On the overpop side.
    Which yes needs to be handled better.
    Just not be throwing it to the winds.
  6. JobiWan

I had to wait nearly 20 minutes to join a fight the other night. That's just not good, however you way dress it up. All I want to do is to join my friends and to play the character that I've invested a lot of time and money in, nothing to do with wanting to play the overpop.

There must be something better than forcing us into VR. Why not re-purpose Koltyr or something? Make it a sparring continent for people who are in the queue.
    • Up x 3
  7. Liewec123

its extremely unhealthy for the game, i'm usually subbed so i can skip the queue,
    but still, artificially preventing people from playing is a DEATH SENTENCE for the game.

Cod, battlefield, battlefront, there are a million shooters in the world,
    do you think a new player logging into a 5 year old F2P and getting stuck in a 10 min queue is going to stick around?
    no, they'll go play another game that actually allows them to play!

this game relies entirely on us subbers having lots of people to shoot at,
    if you scare all of the f2p players away with ridiculous queues then we won't have anyone to shoot at...and the game dies.
    • Up x 2
  8. LordKrelas

The thing is, none of those games, stack 24 on one side, 64 on another.

So people who log into the base game, find that being outpopped map-wide is insane, and quit.
    People who can't log into their favorite faction, when overpopped also quit,

So it's not like you can just let the population balance be ******.
    As no sub is going to enjoy having no one to shoot at, since no sub is going to fight the overpop 1:100 odds.
    As no free player is going to bash their head in either.

IE they need to go else-where, where they can fight \ play without also ******* the pop balance.
    It's sorta sad but, considering how Koltyr doesn't seem all that effective..
    I have to say, that might be the quickest thing.
    Given Koltyr remade into an overflow place, would be an easy makeshift solution to having nothing for the overpop flow to do.
    Since well, how many people are actually using Koltyr, and not just skipping it?
  9. Lamat

I agree, need a smaller overflow continent or battle island that never has alerts.
    • Up x 1
  10. FateJH

Are people suggesting that the game opens another continent that their faction will overpop (the reason they are in the queue in the first place)?
  11. Lamat

A small overflow area yeah, where they can't win free alerts, but can do something better than VR.

Or at least make an arena area in VR where you can fight each other while you wait, or something.
  12. Tankalishious

For....FNUCKS....SAKE...!?!?!?!?!?
    You guys are NEVER happy....

2/3 continents open: boo boo, no big battles anymore, Game ****
    Fraction balance less restrictive: boo boo, ZERGS RUINING ALL, Game ****
    1 continent and tighter fraction balancing: boo boo can't get in, Game ****
  13. Lamat

You know what wasn't all the same person saying that each time
    • Up x 1
  14. RockPlanetSide2

This is 100% accurate.

somebody at DBG should be taken out in to the street and whipped every time somebody is stuck in the VR because there is no where else to go. Of all the dumba*** bumbling of late this is the worst.

Open up that newbie island Kolytar or whatever its called and at least let people just shoot each other in the face.

Death Sentence is 100% accurate.
    • Up x 1
  15. FateJH

They'll have to turn friendly-fire off ...
  16. strikearrow

The solution is very simple, make the rewards for playing the underpopped faction much much much much much MUCH greater and problem solved. Did I state MUCH GREATER? Just to be clear I meant MUCH GREATER!!!!!
  17. Pelojian

a better solution would be to make the rewards close to even in an alert whether you win or lose, it will stop people from swapping from one faction to another to get more rewards, people don't like spending a lot of time to trigger an alert then 45 minutes on the alert and only getting 50 iso.
    • Up x 1
  18. Nuggz

Uhhhh making me wait 30+ minutes in queue just to get onto a continent right after logging in with NOWHERE for me to fight AT ALL is FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR FAR worse than ANY other problem this game could possibly have....

If I can't actually play the game WHAT THE FLYING F*** is the point of playing it at ALL??????????
    Only an absolute idiot would think cutting down the possible play space down to the point where you'll always have people unable to play for LARGE periods of time would be ANYTHING but an absolutely HORRIBLE idea.....
    • Up x 1
  19. iPervy

:( Yea I personally hard quit the game recently after coming back for the new content. I'm just going to wait it out till they make a change to the que situation before coming back again.

I can jump on to other factions, but I only really find enjoyment from playing NC as its my main, and playing the others although can be fun, I'm away from outfit mates/friends and I don't care for the toons themselves.

Also not a subscription fan of anything outside of actual home utilities, but that's just me haha. Payed subs just wreak havoc on my self control. Still love the game though, just got fed up gambling in on whether I can play or not.
  20. Eternaloptimist

They are only under popped if people on your faction leave. The faction balance system stops the largest faction from increasing its numbers beyond a certain point. You're basically suggesting people on the losing sides should get a bigger reward simply by the actions of others on their own side? That winning or losing should have no material effect?

In other words, there should be no effect from winning or losing? Just free handouts whatever your faction achieves (or fails to achieve)? People who swap to a faction which is clearly going to win lose some of their ISO reward already and it is not always possible to a) predict a win early on, even if the odds look good or b) swap in time to increase reward measurably because faction balance queue.

I have heard through this forum that there is a problem on Connery (IIRC) of players in one faction flooding the area during alerts and winning them all the time. I might not like that myself if it happened on the EU servers although I am in it for the better and bigger fights, rather than the rewards, and as I rotate through the factions RNG says I would sometimes be on the dominant faction anyway.

But just giving the losing factions bigger consolation prizes probably isn't going to stop that from happening. Nor is banning people from joining the only open continent or stopping them switching - both of those things are unwarranted restrictions when the game gives you multiple avatars (especially the people who pay).

I really don't know the answer but I wonder if tightening up the faction balance limits during an alert would help. It would still not stop people bailing out because they think they are going to lose but it would restrict even more the numbers on the highest pop faction and maybe encourage stiffer resistance from the other two?