Cannot Set Resolution to 1280x720

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by vonFelty, Nov 20, 2012.

1. vonFelty

I am trying to turn down my resolution from max to something else HD, but all I get is 1280x768 but its very skewed when I use it.

Is there anyway I can custom set my resolution to 1280x720?
  2. vonFelty

I found my solution by using another persons solution to enhance the user settings.

I edited the UserOption.ini in the Planet Side 2 directory to be exactly what I wanted the resolution to be and it worked. Shamed you can't fix that through the main menu.
    • Up x 1
  3. Village

I couldn't imagine playing at that resolution. I play at 2560 x 1600.

You have 921,600 pixels

I have 4,096,000 pixels

Might be time for either a new monitor of computer. Or both.
  4. DataPhreak

man, what a ******.
    • Up x 1
  5. Nesdam1981

Wooow, you're my hero. You can play in such high resolutions? Wooooow.
    But seriously, what a pathetic statement. Maybe some people actually have a life other than wasting money on a high end computer. He was asking for some simple advice and you just had to make such a pathetic statement instead of helping the man.

Like vonFelty said. Change the useroption.ini.
    • Up x 1
  6. NeMi

For anyone that looks for this
  7. Lord_Mogul

I'd rather play on 1280x720 with a decent framerate than on 2560x1600 with stuttering.
    His point is totally valid.
    There are even games taht I play on 960x540. (Half my vertical and half my horizontal nativce resolution)
    Those are older games, that imho play way better on those resolutions.
  8. Galaxitus

This is the first result on Google when looking for the 1280x720 for Planetside 2.

I was also looking for it. If anyone ever wonder why people "still plays" on that resolution, let's just say that not all countries have access to the hardware at an reasonable price. In Canada, unless you got it through some backend dealers or something, the kind of GPU you need to run this game at high setting such as any GPU that uses the Ti technology from Nvidia (Ti is the technology from the original Nvidia's Titan GPU, but recycled into other kind GPU with either newer or older specs) is around at least $800 for the GPU alone... not counting shipping and taxes (around 5%-15% from the shipping + sale cost) in Canada... and we're just next to the US where the SAME GPU is sold around 200$US. Not everyone know someone close who can buy the GPU in the US and ship it to Canada as a "Gift" and not as a "Sold item".

For a Titan X, it's around $1500 CDN. For a Titan Z, that's around $4700 CDN. (Not counting taxes and shipping. Where I live, it's 14.975% in taxes to add over it AND its shipping price.) And that is IF you're able to get it... because the number of unit send in Canada is extremely few in numbers. Some hardware can be in back-order for 6-18 months IF you placed a deposit!

In the US, the TItan X is around 999$ US and the Titan Z is around $2500 US. That gives you a comparison.