[BUG] Cannot overload Generators

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, May 21, 2015.

1. Destroyer0370

it says press "E" as usual and I both press E and try the other key that I use to interact with and it doesn't do anything, I do not see the progress bar/circle or anything.

Other people can overload the generator, so I do not know why I cannot do it anymore. I checked my settings and it is the right keys that I setup for interact. The key(that I setup in settings) works for weapons/vehicle consoles, but does not work for overloading generator. Also the default "E" key does not work for me to overload it.
    • Up x 2
  2. Durwyn

I have the same problem, but for SCU only. Shield Generators are ok.

I added a ticket to the bugtracker concerning my problem: https://dgcissuetracker.com/browse/PS-1399

They are most likely linked together somehow ;)
  3. JobiWan

I had the same the night of the new patch. Stood at SCU, it said 'Hold E to overload' etc and it just wouldn't work. I tried moving nearer, further, standing up, crouching but it wouldn't start the process.
  4. St0mpy

Yeah I had it too yesterday (and im well over BR100, I know when I should be able to blow a gen), not just once...no matter what it would just sit there looking at me, telling me to Press E but nothing I did would activate it - yet some other guy comes straight up to it and sets it off, I can see flashing immediately and beeping when its armed just like normal.

wut?
  5. Durwyn

glad to see i'm not alone, but ye.. i just had it happened with a simple Generator.. damn it ;)
  6. St0mpy

Its odd, today the first gen I find works fine, then I cant activate the biolab SCU :(
  7. TIVman5

Did some looking into this, found out if a mission states for you to overload a generator you cannot overload it. If you mission changes however, you can overload it. Sent in a bug report so hopefully it gets fixed.
  8. Ballto21

*laughter as i watch the patch burn*
  9. JobiWan

Had this a lot last night, makes capping an Amp Station impossible because you can't bring the shields down.
  10. NinjaTurtle

This is actually quite a game breaking bug and needs fixing.

Of all the bugs this is one of the most desperate to get fixed.
    • Up x 1
  11. OneFiveTwo

I'm having the same problem, generators in SC use I cannot overload under any class. I can still hack terminals as an infiltrator. I've done some of the same troubleshooting. I've checked all my key bindings and they still work within game. this last week the game has been almost unplayable, the multiple bugs after the last UPDATE LOL.
  12. Durwyn

I don't have any problems anymore with gens / SCUs.

make sure the checkboxes "Show Tutorial" and "Show mission" are checked/active.

If they aren't checked/active, make them so and restart the game