Cannot launch game

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Ultramarine, May 4, 2014.

1. Ultramarine

When I click play from the launcher, a splash loads, then closes and it returns to the launcher. I've been playing for more than a year without problem and no other games are down. I have re installed. Any solutions?
  2. elquetefoca

Same here, are you playing in EU servers right? (pro7 acc)
  3. DjGus

Same thing... Tho on the (Dead) Pro7 PS2 website there's a thread about this... Login issues they call it.
  4. elquetefoca

after all access plan that does not affect us, pro7 come with login issues, nice experience
  5. Ultramarine

What are you talking about? What's pro7?
    The launcher is that small window that pops up before the game loads, servers aren't decided until login, which is technically in game because the client has launched. Servers have no impact on whether or not the client launches, so no. This has absolutely nothing to do with the EU servers or whatever problems they may have.

The client will not launch.
    Specs because somebody's gonna try to say that they're the problem:
    3rd gen i7 2.8GHZx8
    Nvidia GTX 660
    8GB RAM
    Win 7
  6. griefnaker777

my screen turns black
  7. elquetefoca

I already make a soe account, changed launchpad to soe and i entered correctly, cant log with pro7 acc.
  8. Ultramarine

Again, no idea what you're babbling about. This is a launcher failing to open the client. NOT a login problem.
  9. Money

10. Ultramarine

Close but no. I tried that before I knew it could actually work, and it didn't work. The client will not launch at all.
  11. Sean79

same here. not like they care about us who cant play the game anyway. after a year of playing an hour a day and spending a good bit of money on this game I feel let down. I would love to see an SOE rep actually say they are diligently working on this because after 2 and a half weeks of not being able to play whatsoever after having ZERO problems until the 64 bit clients. im just giving up
  12. Mulinex

Hello,
    I got the same problem, as well as one of my friends and my little brother. We all can still play by forcing the 32-bit client, but it is still a pain in the **** to do that and I think I miss on a performance boost.

I documented my misery in a reddit post over here: http://www.reddit.com/r/Planetside/comments/24jmlm/help_with_the_64bit_client_not_starting/
    I would be very pleased if you can have a lookup in your event log after trying to start the 64bit client and post the results here or on reddit.

Cheers!
  13. Crushermagoo

my planetside 2 game always tells me "The application was unable to start correctly(0xc000007b)" are there any soulotions?
  14. LCTR

I'm in the same situation, 64bit client won't start - no error msg, no process starts.

This has been the situation since the 64bit client was re-rolled out. I've never managed to run it.

Ive done all the suggested fixes - directx, check gpu driver settings, etc.

I'm afraid i've not seen any progress on this bug at all despite trying everything.
  15. Mulinex

I got it guys, at least for me!

I've uninstalled HitmanPro and it released me from my pain and suffering.

Cheers!

also on: http://redd.it/24jmlm