Canadian holiday tomorrow. Any chance for double station cash??

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Orpheus66, Aug 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orpheus66

Just wondering. It seems when ever there is an American holiday there is usually a double station cast day. Just wondering if we could have one tomorrow?!?
  2. lothbrook

I believe this is an "lol, Canada" moment...
    • Up x 3
  3. uhlan

Yeah, here begins the problem with associating in-game sales with holidays. Being an international game, some folks will take offence when their holiday isn't honored.
  4. Zombekas

Oh totally, I heard there will be a 50% sale, exclusive on the Canada's server.
  5. lothbrook

Yup, but picking the US holidays probably has to do with it being the single largest userbase, while i don't know specific numbers i'm just going off the fact the US is by far the largest gaming country money wise.
  6. DukeFlash

Actually, Europe has more servers now than America (4:3)...
    but SoE is still an American company, so they will simply acknowledge American holidays more than any others.
    • Up x 1
  7. lothbrook

I said single userbase, Europe isn't a single userbase, its a continent, with many nations, and most of which probably have many different holidays on different dates.
  8. DukeFlash

Maybe US is the largest userbase for most games in general, but Planetside 2 has more EU servers than NA, so I'd wager their income is as much dependant on EU customers if not moreso than NA.

If you want to keep arguing semantics with me, the NA servers have players other than Americans you know.
    Canadians and even some Euros on the east NA servers. Neither one of us has any real facts to go off of, other than the amount of servers and how populated they are.
  9. GigaClutch

Canada? Thats not in the US, silly user.
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  10. lothbrook

Oh god you just don't get it, EU might have more players than the US, but EU is also a lot more countries which all together add up to more than the US, now try doing holidays off of a continent worth of nations as opposed to just your largest single userbase, which i guarantee is the US.
  11. Bolticus

Wait, I live in Canada.
    I don't know of this "holiday" you speak of. o_O
    • Up x 1
  12. TrainerS2

Troll food :D
    My friend grandfather got 100 birthday :D Do we get duble EXP :D
    Hehehehe
  13. Ganelon

That's not a holiday.
  14. TeknoBug

I'm Canadian and I don't expect SOE an American company to give a **** about other country's holidays.
    Surely you're aware of the August long weekend? BC day, Civic day, Heritage day, etc.
  15. Bolticus

I'm a student(High School).
    So the only holiday right now is Summer. :D

I guess if you're employed it would be normal to know about these holidays. Few days off work.
  16. The King

It really does not matter if a holiday isn't 300 years old.

Since they didn't even do 2x station cash on that day, this Canadian holiday shouldn't even get a 2x station cash day. And some players do not even know what holiday it is and they live in Canada.
  17. LT_Latency

I live in a Canada we get the better deal.

Who wants there double exp weekend to be on their long weekend?? That when I am traveling or outside everyone else. It much better to have the double exp weekend happen on a non long weekend IMO
  18. TrainerS2

Here how will look your holiday :D
  19. notyourbuddy

Sales are only for country holidays I think. Not sure Canada qualifies since they are more of a random collection of British provinces and territories that happen to speak French.
  20. Fox Reinhold

*insert comment here implying Canada is not a country and/or is merely a State within the USA*
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.