Can we use SweetFX on Planetside?

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Zamos, Nov 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zamos

Can we use SweetFX on Planetside?

So we can boost the low FPSs
  2. eatdachicken

Sweetfx doesn't boost FPS, at all. Turning off in-game AA boost your FPS, but you can't do that anymore. SweetFX doesn't with current Planetside 2 version.
  3. Dubious

any 3rd party program that does anything with the client/game is not allowed
    that includes sweetfx
  4. Hatamoto

It boosts fps, maybe not for eatdachicken, but for some of us it does ... for one it seems to turn the fxaa off and puts more load on the gpu rather than the cpu. Stop telling people it doesnt improve fps just because you didnt see a boost.
  5. phreec

They don't officially allow it, but I doubt we'll see bans for it.

It's the BF3 FXAA Injector story all over again. The devs never officially greenlight it but they don't ban for it either.

[IMG]
  6. Hatamoto

at this point, clocking my CPU to get more fps could also be considered a cheat, gives me a quick fps boost for that extra advantage in fire fights.
  7. eatdachicken

That's what I said, it doesn't boost FPS, it's just a color saturation tweek, don't be stupid. What boost your FPS is turning off the in-game FXAA before using it (the edge value you could change before retail). The tool itself does nothing to your FPS, it's technically not possible, don't talk about **** you don't know.
  8. phreec

It could be that the SMAA of SweetFX somehow overrides the hardcoded FXAA causing an increase in FPS. However that's just speculation on my part.
  9. Hatamoto

I didnt say it was an fps boosting only tool, i stated what it did and why that could improve fps ... Fxaa was not present after adding sweet, so no matter how technically impossible you say it is doesnt matter.
  10. Tooks

Well, Higby has openly stated he uses it, so it'd be quite hypocritical of them to ban people for it.
  11. MasterIQ2

You just proved yourself wrong. It allows you to do something that boosts many players FPS. Regardless if that is the intended effect many players choose to use it for that purpose.
  12. Blade782

This game does not have fxaa dev said him self
  13. Ronux

SweetFX does indeed increase my fps by a decent amount. During battles without SweetFX I am down to 5-10FPS, with SweetFX I am sitting at 20. No one can state that SweetFX does not increase FPS as I obviously has with my system. I honestly don't care if this is a bannable offense, if I can't use SweetFX I can't play the game anyway.
  14. RadarX

The use of SweetFX may result in a suspension of your game account. As this isn't a tech issue, I need to close it up.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.