Can we just admit the NC isn't the NC?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brayton, Aug 23, 2013.

1. Brayton

Seriously, I've been playing on Waterson as NC. I don't play the other factions mainly because my Freedom Filled Adventures were so much fun! I like the Spandex Wearing Space Cultists and Heileinian Wet Dreams, but FREEDOM.

The NC have a very specific policy, just like the other two factions. NC, love to put POWAH into everything.

We blow your damn face away by just having one of our rounds glide by your face, YOUR FACE COMES OFF. Or at least its supposed to, as anyone who plays NC right now can at test to, most of our guns are useless unless you cert into it. That same issue happens with the Vanu but I don't play Vanu, nor am I focusing on them.

To be frank, SOE, PUTTING SHOTGUNS ON EVERYTHING ISN'T A TRAIT. Its not even close, our standard shotguns are not used at all, we've abandoned them for the most part. We also have the worst Anti-air system ever, how the bloody hell does a shotgun firing at the sky DO ANYTHING? The pellets don't even explode! Where is the umph, the pizaz, the explosions the, "**** YOU. FREEDOM!" OUR FIREWORKS SHOULD KILL AIRPLANES.

That's the kind of excitement and stupidity that the NC needs right now, because currently, we're the most boring and broken faction. We either have overpowered or underpowered gear, and our over powered gear doesn't last long.

And when we do something stupid, for instance a flying blue brick, its not fun at all. Its unneeded challenge.

Playing NC, is not enjoyable, its aggravating. We're more like the World War II US Army with sci-fi gear, which means piss all against the VS and especially the TR.

I dunno how to go about this, its really just me I guess stating all this. I might be wrong and I certed into the wrong thing, which really...shouldn't be a thing but I guess I could've done that.
    • Up x 10
  2. MilitiaMan

SPACE 'MURICA!
    • Up x 18
  3. Eclipson

I think you ought to take a break and play another faction. I'll find myself feeling burnt out playing TR, and I will play another faction to take a break. Then I go back to TR and everything feels fresh again. I think you biggest problem is that you limited yourself to only playing one faction, and only seeing the game from your factions point of view. The NC is certainly not under powered. The only NC tool that is, is the C85 Modified Shotgun. Play TR and VS for a bit, then go back to the NC.
    • Up x 2
  4. Brayton

I might just be burning myself out from the fact that our NC has to keep fighting TR zerg which is, any zerg is not fun but for some reason the TR zerg just beats the hell out of you.

Its also annoying that most of our guns are long guns but we're supposed to be the close quarters faction.
  5. Tommyp2006

So what would you change to make the NC more NC?
  6. KnightCole

Support proposition kodiak, my proposals for new model nc eslmgs that trade range for close short range power while still retaining the 200-167dmg of the nc. My guns do not lose the high recoil...in fact it might b worse...my guns dont get comps.

But a 520rpm 200-167dmg gun with superior cqc capabilities to the saw would be fun.

The other gun is a cqc lmg 550rpm 200-143dmg that gets extended mags for superior room clearage. Both guns have good cqc ability but have high recoil higher cof bloom and worse initial cof for range. They get base hipfire equal to about A stock gd22s
  7. Brayton

I dunno. I'd probably either give the shotgun secondaries for the Vangaurd some sort of small flak explosion for the pellets. Not enough to completely deny an entire airspace but enough that if you have 5 of them its effective.

Most rifles would probably be given higher rates of fire with strong vertical recoil with shotguns getting a tigher cone of fire and either more damage or increased rate of fire, because we are the Close Quarters Faction. The SMGs are actually a very good point.

I don't mind us having shotguns on everything, but they need to be effective and silly. Not just silly like the TR Commander hats.

The Phoenix is obviously AV, not AA. I'd give it tighter maneuverability and slower speed, and buff the damage just a bit because as it stands, certing into the Phoenix isn't worth it for the skill required behind it.

I basically want to make the NC useless at long ranges, but you want to avoid getting close to them as we're described to be.

Shotguns should be a good side grade, alternative to rifles for NC. But they're not right now.
  8. KnightCole

Useless at range? I thought that was tr...or is tr just useless?
  9. Brayton

I was sure the TR tropes were Professional Army, Moar Dakka and Technologically Behind.

NC tropes were Rebel/Ragtag, POWER, Up Close and Personal.
  10. Blazini

Our guns feel this they actual give the enemies health its awful.. .. the damage separation between factions feels minimal at best... the super inaccuracy of NC guns pretty much counters the damage done.
    • Up x 1
  11. Stride

NC in the sense is the culmination of all the anxiety and stress people felt as a result of being trapped on a planet. The NC were a bunch of space workers in a space company and just got lazy and sick of their space jobs so they rebelled. They claim to be freedom fighters but the only freedom they fight for is to not do their damn jobs and would rather die 100s of times in an endless space war.
    • Up x 1
  12. IamDH

THROW A BUNCH OF SHOTGUNS RAILGUNS ON SHT
    • Up x 1
  13. Sagabyte

Oh I know!

EXPLOOOOOOOOSIONS!!!!!!!!!

BLOW THE S*** OUT OF ANYTHING THAT MOVES! YEAH! FIAR THE RAILGUNS FOR EXTREEEEME DAMAGE AND RANDOM EXPLOSIONS MILES AWAY! LIKE THIS:

tr and vs guy: baaa rawr kabam pew pew pe-BOOOOM
    NC guy: WOOHOO
  14. Brayton

And the Vanu Soverignty followed a guy who got high while one the job with LSD and saw a vision and thought that was the end all be all.
  15. Morti

Agreed.

NC needs some tuning.
    • Up x 2
  16. GSZenith

come join TR like the rest of br 30+ NCs.
    • Up x 1
  17. Lamat

The problem with nc weapons is that for the marginal increase in damage per bullet we have way worse rate-of-fire and accuracy. Our dps is lower even though we are the "hardest hitting". We should have the highest dps provided you have the skill to land the shots. I think our bullets should either do more damage per bullet or at least cause more flinch. Right now our guns have too many down sides compared to the other factions.
    • Up x 3
  18. joe smo

maybe it is just me but all the fractions feel the same for the most part, IMO they should make the TR and NC more "extreme" to their traits
    TR- More DAKA!
    NC- More PWOA!
    VS- Middle road between the two cus the spandex holds them back.
    • Up x 1
  19. Xhaleon

The Modified Enforcer could be better if, you know, it actually was accurate. Just because its a shotgun doesn't mean it should follow the same stats as all the other shotguns which are meant to be balanced around shooting inside buildings. If the thing was the equivalent of a Basilisk with an easy-to-hit spread, it might actually be good.
  20. ThreePi

Well, the big issue is that when all the guns have a roughly equal TTK, then the low ROF weapons are always going to be at a disadvantage.
    • Up x 1