[Suggestion] Can We Have Capture Point Minimum Players Requirements back?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheRunDown, Jan 2, 2016.

1. TheRunDown

Can we have the 2, 3 and 5 person capture points back again?
    I'm getting so sick of resecuring a base and finding out it's one guy.. Worse thing is, it's not even a noobie, it's quite often a BR100 I catch trying to ghost bases.. I mean Come On.. Seriously.. it's a huge waste of my time and a waste of his time and I don't understand why people go to such lengths to ghost a base..

I would like to see 2 People needed to flip a capture point at a small outpost, 3 people needed for a large outpost, 5 people needed Mainbases and 3 people needed for bases with multiple capture points.

Defenders need only 1 person any capture resecure any base..

I believe this would increase better and less stressful game play, and entice more teamwork, it would also make the sh**ty multi capture point MLG Amp Station a lot better to deal with instead of during circles around the base until your empire has started the capture on the next base..

If they aren't going to add the REK and Control Consoles, I see no reason why this would be unacceptable until future improvements are made to the capture methods and mechanics of capture points.. and have this as a temporary place holder.
  2. FateJH

I'm curious: did you charge into the capture point [area] hoping to find 6-12 people on the point and expecting to kill them all on your own?
    • Up x 6
  3. Scr1nRusher

player requirements on capture points was a bad idea.
  4. Scr1nRusher

But... but FateJH he was eating dorito's & mountain dew while listening to Skrillex.
  5. Taemien

I've personally taken down 6 people on a control point alone before. All it takes is infiltrator (LA could possibly do it too, or even engie if using mines), and a Cyclone SMG. It doesn't take a badass, just surprise, skill, and a bit of luck. Mostly surprise though.

I will agree with the OP on the idea (if not the reasoning) that I'd like to see control point minimums. We didn't have them before. They were maximums, meaning it caps faster until the number is reached. I'd like to see it be the minimum to get the base to capture at all, otherwise it reverts to neutral, then back to the faction in favor of the defender.

Ghost capping should be a thing, since its a strategy for capping continents and pulling peeps away from a fight. But it should take effort. With needing 3-5 players per point. Large base ghost caps would take 9 players minimum. And that makes sense, 9 people to batten down the hatches so to speak. Works for game mechanics and lore.
  6. PlanetBound

Capping is the whole thing. But 96+ showing up at your base and kicking you out of your spawn real quick?
  7. Moridin6

but what if im the only one that can make it to the cap point, all my skill and my mates deaths were for Nothing??
    boooooo
  8. Crator

I solo, but defense mostly. I like going after the solo attackers. :)

But ya, it can get annoying if you don't want to persist the defense. Wait times happen because you kill them and they have to travel back. I usually don't sit there waiting the whole time and try to bounce to another fight that needs my help then back again if I can.

I don't want the cap point req back though I don't think.
  9. OldMaster80

Say thanks devs don't listen to those ******** who want the hex map back...

Anyway I think one thing they should change back is the capture cooldown: this should stop and after some time reset if no one is on capture points. Players shouldn't be able to flip consoles then leave.
    In the beginning that was the way it workwd but it has been changed because crybabies wanted to capture while camping the spawn room.
  10. Reclaimer77

The OP's thought process here is just....a bit off.

The map TELLS you how many enemies are at a base. So nobody is forcing you to go fight a single ghosthacker or small group. Go be a happy zergling and let someone else deal with it. No need to get "stressed".
    • Up x 1